• Fool if you think its over!

(courtesy Chris Rea)

I always seem to start my blogs by commenting on the weather, so here we go!  It has certainly been a right old mix with days of blue sky and sunshine, followed by grey, wet days that make it feel like November.  It is really odd when you hear about the really warm dry weather other parts of the UK have been experiencing and yet, on a couple of evenings we have had to light the fire.  The schools on…

• 29 Jun 2011
  • Goodbye doesn't mean forever

Kellan came into our lives on 25 April 2010. Watching from afar, we thought there had been a hatch. His mum, Yellow Black Spot (YBS) was restless, fidgety. Up and down, looking into the nest. Something had changed. Two days later we confirmed it. YBS was feeding Kellan. Delicate, tiny strips of fish from a friendly boat operator on the sea loch below. His dad was a regular visitor, taking advantage of this helpful opportunity…

• 18 Jun 2011
  • Chick Update

Some of you have asked for an update on the family of Green "T" and her mate Blue "9".  The two chicks are doing fantastically well - Mum and Dad are still feeding them but the chicks can now also feed themselves, helping themselves to leftovers lying around the nest.  The younger chick, only by a day or two, is turning out to be a bit of bully to its bigger sibling - and certainly makes sure it gets…

• 17 Jun 2011
  • Set Fire to the Rain!

(courtesy Adele)

For the month of May, the majority of the UK has been basking in sunshine whereas the West Coast of Scotland has had more than its fair share of rain.  May is usually one of our best months weatherwise - and its also one of our busiest months on Mull for visitors.  I really felt sorry for visitors to the Island as day after day, we were faced with rain all day, every day.  Added to that we also experienced…

• 6 Jun 2011