• Reasons to be cheerful .....

(what a great song that was from Ian Dury!)

I know over recent weeks, its been hard to be really cheerful with the failure of the nest at Loch Frisa but we do have lots of things to be really cheerful about.

Our most exciting news is that one of the eggs on our buzzard nest has hatched!  Our female buzzard has been incubating two eggs for just over a month - there is a camera on the nest with pictures beamed back into…

• They think it's all over...

It is now. 

Frisa and Skye have spent more time off than on the nest this week. They still managed to clock up 73 days. Or was it 74? To be honest we have struggled to keep up with them. One minute they're both sitting together on the distant hillside. You look away to talk to a visitor to the Eagle Hide, then you look back and there's only one bird left!  Where did Frisa go? Did she just fly off or did she sneak…

• And I'm still waiting ....

Well the latest news from Loch Frisa is that our eagles arent ready to give up their nest just yet!  Its actually 67 days today they have been sat on that nest - Everyday I drive up the track to check on them, half expecting to see an empty nest.  It nearly happened mid week. 

On Wednesday, Dave and I travelled to Iona to lead a Corncrake Walk.  It has been Wild Isles week on Mull with a whole variety of events taking place…

• Hopelessly devoted to you

We've been hearing alot this week about the 'hung Parliament' and of the state of the nation 'in limbo'. Life seems at times to be almost at a standstill. Sounds a bit like Loch Frisa.

I don't know why we keep torturing ourselves! Tonight at 7 pm on yet another evening check to see what they were up to, there was the familiar alert but relaxed eagle head watching me go past. I was really hoping,…

• Dont give up on us baby!

At last we have some warm sunny weather on Mull, following what has seemed like day after day of rain!  I know it has been wet in the south today but this was the scene at Loch Frisa. Loch Frisa - Photo Debby Thorne

Sadly Frisa and Skye are still taking turns at sitting on the nest.  At the moment, its just a waiting game until they decide to eventually give up on this year's nesting attempt.  Its been a huge disappointment for everyone…