• Deep and crisp and even

I don't know if this will work! I've tried to keep Debby's excellent blog and photos up here for a while yet so that I can just add a few words to it...

Still stunningly beautiful here on the Isle of Mull. A covering of snow, ice crystals and frost on everything. And with a cloudless blue sky, the sun has shone bright all day. The garden birds have been busy on the feeders since first light and down at the…

• The night the earth moved

The sturdy oaks will have offered their usual sanctuary for an eagle looking for a safe roost site. Last night the Hebridean skies were clear and the temperature plummeted below freezing. By late afternoon, as the light was fading, three young sea eagles dropped out of the dark sky, circled and chased each other once or twice before vanishing out of sight into the wood. Their haunting calls echoed round the glen for a few…

• Reunited and it feels so good!

courtesy of Peaches & Cream

Well - what a turn up for the books this week.  After Dave's story of Haggis's return to a frosty welcome from his parents, I have been keeping a beady eye out at Loch Frisa.

We have have some lovely winter days here - really hard frosts, followed by crisp clear blue sky and sunshine.  There has been snow on top of the hills which is helping us all get into the festive spirit…