• Reunited and it feels so good

First of all my apologies for the delay in posting a new blog. It's been a very hectic week with interviews, admin and field work. The season seems to be kicking off earlier than ever! Most of the pairs of white-tailed eagles on Mull are busy refurbishing their nests or building new ones. One day I feel like I know what's happening with each pair, the next it's all up in the air again - literally. Needles to say…

• Love is in the air

There was something in the air this Valentine's week. Something had changed. There was more a sense of an urgency to Frisa and Skye. It's as if they've suddenly realised the clock is ticking, the nights are shorter, the days are longer. It may only be four weeks to go before that first precious egg appears. It was time to start making some decisions.

They were calling regularly to each other. Every few minutes…

• Mara and friends

After being away for a few days, I always need to get a quick fix of the big birds. So I headed into the Valley of the Eagles to see who was about. It's weird: there are some days when you think you know where to look, where to go. How wrong can you be? The conditions were perfect: clear blue frosty skies, even a hint of some warmth in that winter sunshine. But try as I might I just couldn't connect with anything. Not…

• At last! A sighting...

Even though we are getting our satellite data through regularly and we know they are both fine, sometimes you just want to set eyes on one or both of our young sea eagles - just to be sure!

This is just a short update as I'm on the move for the next few days. We know from the latest satellite data that on Monday night, Breagha was almost back home and roosted on the opposite side to Loch Frisa from where her nest was last…