Another anti-Sizewell C campaign

I was one of the many people who attended the #LoveMinsmere event last year.

It was a great day that highlighted the importance of opposing Sizewell C, the extension of EDF's plant that'll include new nuclear reactors. 

I grew up in East Suffolk, not far from Minsmere. I visited as a child; I continue to visit the site a few times a year, despite living further inland, because it's such a special location. It's hugely significant in the birdwatching world, and it evidently needs our protection at this time. There's thousands of other people who have similar stories and connections to Minsmere, and we should all be able to continue visiting this site in the future, continuing to enjoy and witness the wildlife that calls it home. 

But, we still need to send EDF the message that it's not welcome. The majority of people don't want this project to go ahead. It could have serious repercussions on the local wildlife and residents.

Please support the Suffolk Coastal branch of Friends of the Earth with their Crowdfunder. The link is here.

I know that this local group from a similar NGO isn't affiliated with the RSPB, but they're fighting for the same result - I think we should all show our support.

Cheers,