Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 16 December 2018

HAPPY NEW WEEK!  I hope everyone has a wonderful, peaceful week!

Black and grey female wolf of the Druid Pack

Yellowstone National Park, USA

Jim Peaco/NPS, photo labeled public domain (copyright free)

• That's a handsome beat Diane.  Thank you!

• A great Woofie, DIANE. Thank you.

Oh dear, ANNETTE was reduced to talking to herself!!!

One of a pair of brackets holding one end of curtain rod broke. Don’t know when, only just noticed a few days ago. OH unable to fix. S-i-l came this morn armed with his handyman kit and repaired it. We can’t complain – the wee bit of plastic (!) has lasted about 35 years. Tomorrow Dau & Trio are visiting us, instead of me nannying this week. Weather has been oddly cool for summer (low 20s). I’m not complaining.

• AQ - What sort of weather can I expect at the end of February?

• PAT – I can’t remember where you will be in QLD – Was one Cairns? I have not been that far north but in February Cairns will be hot and humid, average max 29 C with 62% humidity. You can expect temps 23 to 31 C. Do drink plenty water in the heat. Also sunscreen, hat & sunglasses. In case you escape sooner than I expect, I wish you a fabulous trip, hope you see lots of sights & sites, and stay healthy.

• Thank you, DIANE.

I often talk to myself but not on here, ANNETTE :-) Well, not that I can remember!

• Thanks, AQ.  I will certainly be smothered in sunscreen, but have yet to find a suitable hat!  December in UK is not really the time to look for anything like that.  I have a beautiful had I got in China years ago - one of those that folds p inside itself - but it's not very practical as it blows away in the slightest breeze.  I will be in Sydney on 24 February, Hamilton Island, Whitsunday Isles on 27 February and Yorkey's Knob, Cairns on 01 March.  I leave UK on 05 January - less than three weeks now.  Still a mix of panic and excitement.  I now have an enormous suitcase which someone has lent me - which I'm sure I'll manage to fill!  I believe there is some sort of major celebration between now and then - haven't had time to think about that yet!

• PatO; I'm sure you'll be able to pick up a hat somewhere along the way and of course there'll be a shop on board where you can likely get one (just don't look at the price tag).   I'm getting excited for you!

AQ: They don't make plastic like they used to.  :-))

• Hi guys lurker here... how much do I detest the new upgrades? Words fail me. A multi million pound charity relying on theWWB can’t even go to e mail default when they ask you to sign in by email.

still read the goings on but sadly so many lovely names have gone. If this set up doesn’t change its seems that could be forever.

• Hello, I'm back.  Returned late afternoon, feeling cold, and finding a very very cold house waiting for us: the heating had failed to come on whilst we were away.

More about our trip, later.  Wendy - there are words for what I think of the new Site, and they're certainly not printable here!!!

AQ - Glad you could get to salvage the curtain rod.

• Sorry, people for not posting. It is a funny old time of the year for me and there has also been a sudden death in OHs  farming family. I will only say that it was a gunshot and no one else involved.