Leighton Moss 9th Oct 2018

Got three days here this week, today was dull but dry and got a little sunshine this afternoon, got here for just after 6am and went to the causeway hide and these are some of the pictures I got today still have to get more ready but its been a long day.

And this bird I have never seen before.

• A good start to your visit, Jim. Great to see the Otter and especially the Beardies.

• Thanks Paul, Tony, its been a gorgeous day here today and took a lot of pictures, not saying these are the best but did not get back in till near 6:00pm, so just three for now and you can see who the boss was on the pond today.

• Great to see the Beardies were making an appearance again and who can blame them with that beautiful weather;  all change Fri/Sat when we arrive !   The Kestrel looked to be giving good views and the Swan must have been the boss on the pool !

• The Swan was the boss Hazel :) and yes the BTs were showing well and the new viewing area already had a lot of people so I left Ron and Julie and carried on to the public hide Julie came in not long after and let Ron do his thing seeing he can can sit down with having a blue badge, the place was packed today they were parked on the lane down to the gate on the right and some parked behind us near the causeway and only left enough room for one car at a time to get through the gap, crazy people they will end up puttin a no parking zone if they keep doing that, after I left the hide about 3/4 hour after the Otter showed very close looking at the pictures this lady has shown on FB, I think the Kestrel was the same one that came yesterday and it did show well, anyways here is a couple more taken today.

First shot of the day.

• another fine set Jim and yes, this glorious spell of warm weather seemed to bring folk out for bird/nature watching;  glad you caught up with R & J and had a productive 2nd day.    

• Thank you Hazel, its been a very nice two days upto now just hope tomorrow keeps dry and I will be happy :)

Just going to upload these to use up some free bandwidth and not mine when I get home :)

Click on the two next pictures

• very nice additions Jim and a good variety of birds on show; amazing to still see the Migrant Hawkers still around although that may all change this Fri/Sat as the stormy weather moves in :(      btw, I may have just beaten Alan's time for being up in the morning  LOL

• Thank you Hazel, and yes you were up early about the same time I got up but had to get things packed before going to LM, its been dry but dull till around 1:00pm and it looked like the weather was coming in so set of back home got a few pictures but not had time to get any ready will post some tomorrow now.

• A nice selection and lots of cracking shots, Jim. I've been off a bit further north than usual where there's been tales of Beardies being around, but they've not showed for me. Another time perhaps.

Unknown said:
    I may have just beaten Alan's time for being up in the morning  LOL

I'd have to assume that you stayed up all night, Hazel. :-)

• Paul A said:
    I'd have to assume that you stayed up all night, Hazel. :-)

lol   !!     how did you guess.       If you want to beat Alan to early morning roll call you have no option but to stay up all night   ha ha !