First visit to Titchwell

With my partner and Essex RSPB, yesterday I made my first visit to RSPB Titchwell, and my first visit to Norfolk.  
I really enjoyed it, as did we all!  Jack Snipe, Snipe, Little Egret, Common Seal, juvenile Gannets, Black-tailed
and Bar-tailed Godwits, Redshank, lots of ducks for me to try and identify, which I will learn eventually! (Teal, Pintail, Wigeon).
We found a very friendly Black-headed Gull, and I think I saw a bumblebee flying past, however it went too quickly
in the windy weather to be identified.  Towards the end of the day, we enjoyed observing a Jay, Green- Gold- and
Chaffinches, and a Dunnock in the hedgerows.  All in all, we saw 52 species of bird!

Look forward to our next visit, where we will hopefully catch the Shorelark and Snow Bunting.

• I'm pleased you had a good day, Natalie - Titchwell is a lovely reserve.  Sounds like you saw some beautiful birds!  My fingers are crossed for your next visit.

• Hi Natalie

Sounds like you have a really good visit to the reserve and saw a very nice selection of wildlife.

We have been starting to see the odd shorelark and snow bunting on the reserve in the last few days so there is a good chance of catching up with them on your next visit.

Feel free to send us a message of you would like up-to-date news before your next visit

Paul