Our first visit to Titchwell!

Good morning, all!  It was a beautiful, sunny day when I drove myself and my husband (Limpy) up to Titchwell Marsh in North Norfolk.  After a delightful experience in the car park with some robins, we had a good look around.

What wetland reserve would be complete without avocets?

Brent geese

Had to consult the bird guide for this one - a red crested pochard?

Cute break!

I think grey-lag geese are lovely birds and it was so lovely to see them with their young.

Avocet and shelduck catching some Z's!

I was reliably informed that these were black-tailed godwits.

A beautiful little ringed plover.

Black-headed gulls enjoying a spot of tiffin!

Oystercatchers doing their thing amongst the gulls.

Two little terns looking tiny against the black-headed gulls.

A grey heron lurking.

As always, enjoy!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Hi Clare

Looks like you and Limpy had a good day, I have not seen any Avocets yet this year or little terns I think a trip to Dungeness is on the cards. On the last photo I must be blind as i cannot see the Heron just the Cormorant where should I be looking?

Regards Shane

My Photos in Flickr.

• In reply to Shane:

Oh, blimey - sorry, Shane, thought it was a heron!!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• In reply to Clare:

Cormorant on the post.  But another great set of photos - love the wee Goslings.

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• In reply to Clare:

Clare Bailey said:

Oh, blimey - sorry, Shane, thought it was a heron!!

LOL not a problem I spent ages looking at the photo determined to find the Heron at least I now know why I could not find it.

Regards Shane

My Photos in Flickr.

• In reply to original goldfinch:

Do you mean to say that I got the red crested pochard right???????  Blimey!

• Hi Clare

Looks like you had a good visit to Titchwell and got some nice photos :-)

Paul

• In reply to bob's_retired_now:

Seems as if you had a good day, Bob is right about the hair/dust fibre, I would try and blow if out with a rocket blower these are cheap 7dayshop.com if this does not do the trick you may have to clean your sensor.

www.idps.org.uk/PhilSmithADPS

"Time is precious waste it wisely"  

• In reply to Philipo:

Hi-

I don't know who reliably informed you but those Godwits are Bar tails-  note the back pattern- looks like the flock I watched from Parrinder on 4th May.

:)

That's the problem at Titchwell sometimes!

S

For advice about Birding, Identification,field guides,  binoculars, scopes, tripods,  etc - put 'Birding Tips'   into the search box

• In reply to seymouraves:

Hi, Seymouraves - I'm hoping that in about fifty years' time I'll be in a much better position to identify all these lovely birds!!