Mousa and Storm Petrols in tonight's The One Show.

Just to mention that a film about RSPB reserve Mousa and Storm Petrols and an evening visit at dusk featured towards the end of the The One Show on BBC 1 at 7.00pm this evening. For anyone that missed that programme, it will of course be available on the BBC iPlayer.

• Definitely a new reserve for me Thomo, never heard of it before although I see plenty of footage available on google & YT featuring Storm Petrels!  Shall certainly catch it on iplayer but will have to wait until tomorrow for it to be available ... thanks for the nod!

• I never knew it was an RSPB reserve, but I checked the reserve listings on the RSPB website and it is an RSPB reserve in the Shetlands and the RSPB do have evening trips at dusk at this time of the year with landings allowed for the public to see and view the Storm Petrols, according to that reserve details on the RSPB reserve listing website.

• For info, it's an independent company called The Mousa Boat (visit mousa.co.uk)that provide trips/transport to the island between April and September. For more info about the reserve itself visit rspb.org.uk/mousa or call 01950 460800. We also have a facebook page: facebook.com/RSPBShetland. I hope this is helpful.

• Thanks for that info Kirsty!  Your website looks so inviting although I am about as far away as it gets .. E Kent , & the nearest I get to yours is watching live Puffincam from Sumburgh Head!!

• For anyone that lives in the Shetlands or are planning to go on holiday there, The Mousa Boat Company do have trips to that RSPB reserve, leaving for Mousa at 11.00pm in the evening and also landing on Mousa on that trip to view the Storm Petrols, and of course it never really gets absolutely dark on the Shetlands at this time of the year.

• I was on Mousa a number of years back although it was during the daytime to visit the Broch. We were told at the time that there were Storm Petrels nesting in burrows in the stones around the base of the Broch but unfortunately we didn't see any at the time. A lovely place to visit.

• https://youtu.be/oqDzBRFwzO8
    https://youtu.be/5EvgydsnF_g
    This is a thread i started in 2015 about the remote wild RSPB island reserve called Mouss in the Shetlands which i believe has the largest Storm Petrel colony in the UK. In normal timea there are daily daytime trips to Mousa and also lste night boat trips to Mousa departing 11.00pm and returning very late after midnight.. And of course it never gets really dark on the Shetlands during May, June and July. There are no landing charges for non-members. I found two YouTube videos from quite a few years ago about the late night boat trips. Hope the links work! An independent boat company runs trips to Mousa called the mousa boat company and so everyone has to pay the charge for travelling with that boat company.