Members of the RSPB visiting the Dormans Pool Birdhide.

Theres no detail in the RSPB Reserve section on Saltholme, that members of the RSPB can visit the Dormans Pool Bird Hide, that is owned by the Teeside Bird Club although Dormans Pool is owned by the RSPB, that is a seperate section of the RSPB Reserve at Saltholme. In fact it is only RSPB Members and Teeside Birdclub members that can visit the Dormans Pool Birdhide and not members of the public, as access is along a private road, but there us no detail of this in the Reserve section on the RSPB website. Can some details about access for Dormans Pool be given in the RSPB Reserve section.

• Hi Ian,

We are in the process of updating the website to reflect this, I hope this does not cause too much inconvenience. Information about Dorman's Pool is currently available from the reception team.

Thanks. Lydia

• It's been more than 12 months since you mentioned that the RSPB website was being updated and there's still no details about members of the RSPB being able to visit the RSPB reserve of Dormans Pool along with members of the Teeside Bird Club, but that members of the general public aren't allowed access to that reserve close to Saltholme, as access is along a private road and that it is important that members have there membership cards available when visiting that reserve as apparently there are occasional spot checks by security staff. I do think it's important that the RSPB should urgently mention that on the RSPB reserve listings on there website.

• Hi Ian,

Thank you for highlighting this, I'm chasing it with our web team. Hopefuly we'll see a resolution soon.

• I have been here many times and members of the public are always using this location without being members. I dont have a problem with this as we are all looking for and after wildlife. I have told them its private and should be members.