Kingfishers

• In reply to Whistling Joe:

Well said Joe. I hope my comments on hide behaviour have reinforced your eloquently phrased philosophy.  

• In reply to Ian M:

Ian M said:
    I hope my comments on hide behaviour have reinforced your eloquently phrased philosophy.

It's just nice feeling you've helped make someone's day.  A few weeks ago, a chap came into the hide and was over the moon because he saw his first ever Avocet (it had been a bogey bird for him for years).  He took loads of pictures, but was limited to a 300mm zoom, so I lent him the biggie to stick on the front of his camera.  To be honest it was borderline bonkers - had to swivel the lens to portrait to get the Avocet in - but he ended up with some amazing close up shots to remind him of the day :-)

___

Find me on Flickr / All about your camera - The Getting off Auto Index

• In reply to Whistling Joe:

Yes, there is a lot of pleasure to be had from making someone's day, from helping them experience something new and exciting. Sadly, kindness is an increasingly scarce commodity nowadays.   In the words of the ancient Chinese proverb, may your depth of field always be appropriate Joe.

• In reply to Ian M:

Hello,

Please can I remind everyone of our terms and conditions and how we ask people to be respectful of one another. Because this thread has deteriorated, we have taken the decision to lock it.