Afternoon!

How are you today?

I'm back, I wrote a blog earlier talking about some of the smaller reserve creatures, but I wanted to tell you some of the others...

Stunning reserve picture by Jo Collins

There's been all sorts of wildlife around - here are some of the highlights from the last few days...

Stunning Lapwing picture by Mark Vale - just look at those oil spill colours...

Wading birds have included an unusual 11 greenshank at the Target Pools the other day, little ringed plover, ringed plover, whimbrel, lapwing, redshank, water rail, avocet, green sandpiper, dunlin, oystercatcher, bar and black tailed godwit.

Hobby, peregrine, kestrel, marsh harrier, buzzard, barn owl are the bird of prey that we've spotted.

125959266Check out this video of hobby by Paul Samuels - Wildlife Films

Lovely whinchat by Lee Spence

Wheatear, whinchat, chiffchaff, garden warbler, sedge warbler, cettis warbler,  white throat, meadow and tree pipit, bearded tit, and more of the little birds have been around...

Bearded tit by Joan Burton, they've been seen over by the Dragonfly Pools and on the Northern Boardwalk

Kingfishers have been investigating the bank  the Marshland Discovery Zone Hide... Stunning picture by Duncan Eames

Wren by Tony Housden

Swallow, house martin, sand martin, swift and occasionally zooming around - I can't wait for the time when the swifts are screaching over head, I love it!

Keep your ears ready - the marsh frogs are croaking (singing? Maybe laughing?) already - have a look in the ditches you should be able to see them...
 Marsh frog by Jo Collins

While scanning the ditches you might see some of the other wildlife that like the ditches... Like the grass snakes

Lee Spence

Or maybe even the water voles...

Holly Saunders

I had to add this pictures too, by Joan Burton - so cute!

Enjoy your weekend everyone!