It is Boxing Day and hopefully the wondrous excesses of yesterday are momentarily behind before round two starts imminently and with that in mind I thought I would let you know about our ‘new look’ regular walks that we shall be hosting throughout the coming new year.

Up until now (and for about as long as the reserve has been open to the public!) we have had three weekly walks that have, over the years, not only attracted a large number of budding wildlife enthusiasts but also resulted in us recruiting some of the more familiar volunteer faces such as Pat Hart, Bill Stallard, Martin Jordan, Joanne Bradley and David Keane to become leaders as well as giving local natural history all-rounders such as Sam Shippey, Jerry Hoare and Pete Merchant the opportunity to enlighten others to the wonders out on our magical marsh.

So here is the change as of January...

These walks will no longer be weekly (140 a year is a lot for us to manage and promote!) but monthly.

They will now be called The Wildlife Walk and will follow the same sort of format of those before – about a three hour amble around the trail in whatever direction the weather, tide, wind, birds and other wildlife suggest to the walk leader on the day.

Costings and timings will also not change – just the regularity and to keep things simple it will be as such...

First Wednesday of the month 9.30am start

Second Friday of the month 10am start

Third Sunday of the month 1pm start

So I hope that the regulars on these walks will continue to support us (the walk leaders will all still be around on their regular days anyway so feel free to ask them for advice – they thrive on it!) and that we shall attract a new audience to join us on our circular Wildlife Walks through our Medieval marshland with its ever changing and captivating inhabitants...

We look forward to seeing you...

26-12-16