I was hoping to announce the top placings for the 2015 race before the end of the year but the teams in second and third place have only one bird between so it will not be over till darkness falls tomorrow afternoon!  I will put a little summary on at that time with the final team scores and site list!

In the meantime I would like to announce that the 2016 Bird Race will kick start at dawn on January 1st when I lower the drawbridge at 0700.  Any current teams that would like to be in again, please let me know asap.

If you are up for the challenge and fancy putting in a new team can let me know your Team name and members by the Monday 11th January 2016 please  via howard.vaughan@rspb.org.uk or via a personal FB message to me.

This is a team effort so some simple rules...

• The Team must have a name...
  • A team may consist of up to four people...
  • Hearing a bird counts...
  • Flyover birds count...
  • Anything out on the river counts...
  • Not every member of your team has to see or hear the bird for it to be added. In fact you do not even need to be on site at the same time...
  • Please can one member of the team either FB message me or email me howard.vaughan@rspb.org.uk any updates that need to added to your list on a regular basis..
  • The recording area is shown in the map below...(and yes it does include birds seen 'from the site' ie: on or across the river

• I am not allowed to take part and I am the judge...
  • Other than that I insist that you have fun and spend as much time on the reserve as possible in the coming year

A score board as well as a running year list to date will be on display in the exit door foyer...

Looking forward to the final scores tomorrow!

Cheers for all your support

Howard

30-12-15