• Take a closer look

Starlings are so under-rated. Combine a petrol sheen, smart arrow head spots, punky hair and yellow dagger bill with heaps of character and attitide and you have a quintesentially English bird.  There are less around now as the thousands of migrants head back to Eastern Europe but our local birds are looking smart and ready for another noisy breeding season....

by me

2-4-13

• Home page problems resolved

Apologies to those of you who have had problems trying to find my latest posts this week.  The home page has been stuck from the 23rd until Saturday morning although you could access the posts via the 'Read Our Blog' tab.

I have not missed a day so just scroll back a few pages and you will see what I have been posting. To ensure that you do not encounter this problem again click on this link and save it as your RSPB…

• Getting bolder...

It is not only the Water Rails that are getting bold at the moment but the Cetti's Warblers are actually showing fairly well and are singing heartily when the feeling takes them.

Alan Reynolds saw this little beauty on Good Friday and managed to get this great shot.

And talking of Water Rails, it was very noisy out on the trails yesteday and we heard at least 12 on our travels while that Curlew flock reached a new…