Hello . . . . .

Hi everybody, I joined this group as one of my neighbours was telling me about so many happy times he had spent 'many' years ago and whilst he has not been back for many a long year he did sort of wet my appetite to visit. I don't suppose it is anything like he recounts but a visit has to be on the cards.

Basically I am a photographer but not your average hide guy, my best work is flat on the floor getting near to the action. Mind you an a bitterly cold day where better to be than a hide.

So what should I do and where should I start . . . . . .

Thanks, David Melvile

• Hi David

Have you managed to get down to Otmoor yet? Did you make the starling roost? I think that was November though so probably not!

The Otmoor hide is pretty spectacular - not your normal dark quiet hide - it has huge picture windows looking out across 3 sides, giving wonderful views across the landscape. There are also two screens looking out over the reedbed where you can get some good photographs. If you want some up close and personal photos, the warmer months bring out a beautiful array of butterflies and dragonflies, so you can get down in the grass and get some good shots - lots  of grass snakes too!

I hope you enjoy(ed) your visit

Jo