Facebook page for Otmoor and Farmoor

I have started a face book page for people to post pics and chat about pictures etc at Otmoor or Farmoor. I decided to do this as when i did a search there was nothing that was usable. If anybody wants to join in its.... https://www.facebook.com/groups/583749721674498/ Cheers
  • Here is an example of how the Facebook page provides a link back to the main website, this can be found on the "about" page...

Here is an example of how the Facebook page can steer people who view it back to the community....

• I personally have nothing but praise for the rspb site, i have never said it isnt doing what the rspb want it to do. It isnt, however, targeted towards otmoor and farmoor users and thats all i wanted when i set up the page. A place to discuss, quickly and easily, sightings, pictures and events that have happened recently at the two sites. the two sights that i visit regularly. Please feel free to delete this thread if you feel its not what you want to be posted here.

• Please stop sending emails on this subject, it is bordering on harassment.

• im not sending anybody emails, im commenting on my OWN thread.

• Ok folks, hopefully I can resolve the situation here. You will receive emails every time someone comments on a thread/post you have started or added to. If you do not wish to receive these, you can unsubscribe to that particular thread. Claire

• Andrew, you might be subscribed to the Otmoor group which means anything posted in there will be sent to you by e-mail.

To unsubscribe follow this procedure:

1. Go up to the top of the page and click on "Settings" in the black bar

2. You will then have some options along a bar, these included: Basic Options, Advanced Options, Sign in information, E-mail and Notifications. Click on E-MAIL

3. Scroll down to "E-mail digests" and there is section called "My Groups", on there it should show you that you are subscribed to the Otmoor group, under frequency select "Do not send a digest" and then click SAVE at the bottom of the page.

It may take 10 minutes but you should then no longer receive e-mail updates, any further problems do get in contact to me and I will try and fix it.

catdubh - you are doing nothing wrong so please accept our apologies.

I will work on getting this info up into the "How To's" soon...