Beardies in the frost.

I was a very chilly morning here last Wednesday and I was well wrapped up against the cold but it was sunny with a wonderful quality to the chill Arctic air. Perry Lane was full of visiting Redwing and a few Fieldfares plus, Robin, Dunnock, Greenfinch, Goldfinch, Cetti's, and Blue, Great and Long Tailed Tits. Would I see any Beardies as my long-term project is trying to capture them in different weather conditions and frost is one I've not had any evidence of? I saw a couple of flocks of Reed Buntings busily feeding as I made my way down to the pontoon bridge but there were none around there and the surface of the lagoon was frozen. I saw a male Stonechat in the adjoining reed bed. Anyway to cut a long story short by the short pontoonI struck gold with distant views of Beardies feeding on the reeds. As I waited they gradually moved closer and I had them in front of me, to the side and behind me - completely surrounded! Anyway without more ado some photos!

A fabulous female!

A male with frosted breakfast!

Another beautiful female!

I've waited a long time for a nice well-lit, male Beardie, happy with this!

A lovely pair - unfortunately even with good light the depth of field wasn't sufficient to keep both sharp.

Some on the bridge surface too!

Through the reeds. Close up.

Another close up!

I have loads of photos but you can probably have too much of a good thing!