Beardies in the frost.

• In reply to Nickynackynoo:

Thanks Nicky, yes cracking shot from Simon, I would always recommend an early visit although some of my best photos recently have been mid-morning so you never know!

• In reply to john_l_uk:

Beautiful photos and video John- gorgeous light especially in that 1st photo

Jayne

See my Flickr photos here.

• In reply to welsh lass:

Thanks Jayne, just lucky to have caught up with them as they were in an accessible spot, most of the time they're out of sight in the middle of the reed beds. I didn't see any on the last two visits but fortunately I'm close enough to visit regularly!

• In reply to john_l_uk:

Amazing captures JL (how did I miss this?) ... being intrepid in braving the cold conditions certainly brought you rewards & there's bound to be some snow soon!

Maybe you could compile a slideshow with your 'loads of pic' for us to share?

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• In reply to WendyBartter:

Thanks Wendy, well a slide show is certainly something I could do if you think there would be an interest!

• In reply to john_l_uk:

Who does not love Beardies?!  The more photos the better.  Any way you choose to show us more photos of Beardies is fine by me, John--individual pics or a slide show, either or both would be great, bring 'em on!

Kind regards, 

Ann

• In reply to Gardenbirder:

Agree with Ann on this ... look forward to more soon JL .. no pressure! Lol

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• In reply to WendyBartter:

Simply wonderful!

Unicum arbustum haud alit duos erithacos

(One bush does not shelter two Robins)

Zenodotus (3rd Century B.C.)

• In reply to monkeycheese:

Well thanks to popular demand I will certainly be doing a slide show in the near future! Lovely to know you're interested. Here's to a happy birding year ahead, My ambition last year was to see and record a Wood Warbler, which with the aid of Tom Chinnick our county bird recorder (who gave me clear directions), I was able to accomplish. I hope I'm not being too ambitious by aiming to see and record a Lesser Spotted Woodpecker this year and an even less likely Dartford Warbler, but I am heading to Devon in May so fingers crossed!

• In reply to john_l_uk:

Good luck, John!  I await the results of your quests!

Kind regards, 

Ann