Little Egrets

This video shows not only the Little Egrets but just how amazing the new viewing platform at Goldcliff can be because in the same video sequence we can see Spotted Redshanks, Greenshank and a Shoveler. I was there this morning but unfortunately the water level has been allowed to rise (it is controlled by sluice gates and usually permitted to rise in the winter to benefit the wildfowl) and the abundance of waders seen in the video was missing. 

• Fabulous video John, love seeing all the other birds as well as the Little Egrets.   I'm hoping to get a glimpse of the Great Egret on Fri when I visit Burton Mere, but my pics won't  equal yours by any stretch of the imagination, so glad to see some proper stuff.lol

• Very enjoyable video clip John, the L.Egrets are lovely to watch and photograph and so good to see the numbers increasing well over recent years.   Now we need to convince the Spoonbills to do the same  lol

@ Gaynor,   If you are heading to Burton Mere this week, I think the Long-eared Owl is back (seen today according to Manchester Birding Forum reports)  so check with reception when you arrive  !   also 6 Cattle Egrets so good luck and have fun.

• Endlessly fascinating to watch the elegant movements of these lovely birds as they seek food & so well captured in your vid, thanks JL!

Have a good visit Gaynor & lots of pics please!

• I'll do my best Hazy and Wendy, forcast not too good, looks like I might have to get out the thermals!!  

• Thanks Gaynor, Hazel and Wendy, I know they are relatively 'common' now but I'm always astonished by their beauty.

Hazel my friend Lee from Bristol, who has posted on here as 'Urban Birder', posted a photo of six Cattle Egrets sitting on a fence in Slimbridge, I wonder if it's the same birds? Anyway wonderful to hear that they're being seen up there and obviously spreading up country.