Autumnal feel to weekend visit

Brrrrr was the word of the day yesterday, beautiful if freezing cold morning so we headed to Goldcliffs first - the pale Buzzards were scouting just behind the parking area on the side of the road and one settled nicely onto one of the telephone posts but the lagoons themselves were very quiet, snatched a nice little meadow pipit (my first 'proper' photo capture of one as thier normally too quick for me) who was having handbags over a post perch with a long tailed tit, loads of lapwings creating thier own murmurations and as we left so we caught glimpse of a small raptor but he just dipped out of our view before we could ID. We then headed down to the Wetlands (coffee and comfort stop was calling) again a very quiet day although nice to see lots of people especially families there visiting, rather surprising considering how cold it was there was even a Red Admiral butterfly just outside the cafe. Other than a few waders very little else on view apart from the wonderful view itself, light dipped very early giving us some lovely shots out across the estuary of the sun setting - still waiting to snag a bloomin woodpecker there though ! 

• I was down at the wetlands early yesterday and today, and it does appear incredibly quiet down there at the moment. Managed to snap a goldfinch in some lovely light yesterday which I would post here if I was able to work out how to do it (lol!). Other that that very little. There was a bit of excitementas I left this morning though, with a stoat chasing a small rabbit around the car park. Looked like they were playing but I guess it was a bit more sinister than that