Half Term at the Wetlands

We have enjoyed some sunny and not too windy weather over this half term break. It was cold on occasions but very pleasant to walk around the Wetlands in the mornings. It does get very busy after 11am so its best to get down early. We have managed to see a few small birds including Goldcrests and Treecreepers in the woods and had a couple of reasonable views of Cetti's Warblers lasting for more than a second or two. I didn't manage to photograph any of them but here a few photos I did manage to get.

Lots of Dunlin (I presume) trying to settle at high tide as a cargo ship goes out from the port. 

3 Greater Spotted Woodpecker flew past calling and landing on this pylon. Two in shot. They soon flew off again.

Very clear on Thursday morning. Looking out towards Weston Super Mare, I suspect this is Birnbeck Pier.

Coming out through the wood after the hide into the sheltered and sunny area, we were very happy to see 4 Lesser Redpoll feeding on the seedheads.

Here's looking forward to the next trip. 

• A agree Colin it's been a treat to get out after all the rain and great to see you and Sandra the other day. Love your Lesser Redpoll in flight, still haven't seen either of the Redpolls so at least I know that they are there if only I could be

in the right place at the right time!