Visiting Minsmere for the first time since the mid-1970’s as part of my 70th birthday on Friday of this week in either June or July

As in the title above! My cousin us taken me to Suffolk to visit Minsmere for the first  time since the mid-1970’s the ers when permits where needed to visit Minsmere and only open 4 days a week with limited opening hours and. not open during the Autumn and Winter just like a number of RSPB reserves during the 1970’s and earlier. No set date yet. But really looking forward to visiting again after many decades since my youth in the 1970’s.

Parents
  • I'm sure that you'll notice many changes since your last visit Ian, but we can be certain of two things: you'll meet some lovely people and you'll spot some amazing wildlife, including many species that would be have been extremely rare in 1970 (avocet, marsh harrier, Mediterranean gull, Cetti's warbler for starters). They'll be a few from 1970 that you won't see though, like red squirrel, coypu, lesser spotted woodpecker or willow tit. Have a great time
  • I'm sure that you'll notice many changes since your last visit Ian, but we can be certain of two things: you'll meet some lovely people and you'll spot some amazing wildlife, including many species that would be have been extremely rare in 1970 (avocet, marsh harrier, Mediterranean gull, Cetti's warbler for starters). They'll be a few from 1970 that you won't see though, like red squirrel, coypu, lesser spotted woodpecker or willow tit. Have a great time
Children
  • Had a close encounter as a nipper staying with Uncle Bert and Auntie Joan in the Warden’s bungalow. A coypu called Fred made himself at home in the yard and decided to cross over to the verandah and nip my shins! Thankfully all other memories of Minsmere then and now are pure joy.