Worrying that the Government pledges £1.7bn public to new nuclear plant!

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2021/oct/27/government-pledges-17bn-of-public-money-to-new-nuclear-plant

I’m truly shocked if this is true and the climate change change conference about to start. The first thing I’m thinking about this news is Minsmere. Can some senior member of staff from Minsmere comment about this possible shocking and upsetting news if true. As if it's true I feel so upset by this and my question would be. Is nothing sacred in this country?

Parents
  • Stopping Sizewell? It would be easier to hold back the tide.
    Sizewell C has been a foregone conclusion ever since B was completed, I am just amazed it has taken this long, it must have been in planning for a decade now..

The RSPB have done a great job of putting their case across and it has been heard and will have impact, but it's never going to stop this project. My hope is the RSPB are able to work closely enough with the developers that they can still guide and influence things throughout the project.

I still live less that 20 miles as the crow flies from Sizewell and minsmere, the village I grew up in was less than a half hour bike ride as a kid to get into minsmere. I could see (and feel) the pile drivers, cranes and construction of Sizewell B from my bedroom window as a child, it used to terrify me.

A lot of people are going to be cold, poor and hungry this Christmas, and probably the next one too due to the energy crisis. The inevitable result of the nation's pursuit of renewable wind power has lead to a huge over reliance on gas when the wind doesn't blow. Add to that the government decision to close our gas storage facilities and there is going to be a huge clamour for reliable baseload from nuclear.

In my opinion, all we can do now is lessen the impact, not to stop the project.

• Stopping Sizewell? It would be easier to hold back the tide.
    Sizewell C has been a foregone conclusion ever since B was completed, I am just amazed it has taken this long, it must have been in planning for a decade now..

The RSPB have done a great job of putting their case across and it has been heard and will have impact, but it's never going to stop this project. My hope is the RSPB are able to work closely enough with the developers that they can still guide and influence things throughout the project.

I still live less that 20 miles as the crow flies from Sizewell and minsmere, the village I grew up in was less than a half hour bike ride as a kid to get into minsmere. I could see (and feel) the pile drivers, cranes and construction of Sizewell B from my bedroom window as a child, it used to terrify me.

A lot of people are going to be cold, poor and hungry this Christmas, and probably the next one too due to the energy crisis. The inevitable result of the nation's pursuit of renewable wind power has lead to a huge over reliance on gas when the wind doesn't blow. Add to that the government decision to close our gas storage facilities and there is going to be a huge clamour for reliable baseload from nuclear.

In my opinion, all we can do now is lessen the impact, not to stop the project.

Children
No Data