Wishing Ian Barthorpe a very happy birthday!

Hope you're at work and reading this, Ian.  We wanted to wish you all the best on your birthday and to help you celebrate here's a photo of a beautiful mistle thrush:

I should mention that the mistle thrush is the fiftieth bird listed in the excellent book Red 67.

Have a good day!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Thanks Clare. Much appreciated
  • You're very welcome. Enjoy the rest of the day!

I've just returned from having a tooth extracted.  The day can only get better from now.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Have a lovely birthday Ian, enjoy your day.

Oh not so good Clare, hope you feel better soon, nothing like toothache, paracetamol for a few days and things will soon heal. Tell Limpy from me lots of TLC of course!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Thankfully, toothache wasn't involved. Earlier this year I was innocently eating a sugar free sweet (seriously) and the tooth just disintegrated - it didn't hurt so I left it until I had a check-up ..... the dentist took one look and insisted it came out as she felt it would have become infected if left. Thankfully she did a good job!

• Happy Birthday, Ian, and wishing you many more. But unlike Clare, I hope you are having a day off--even if it involves spending it at Minsmere and NOT working!

Clare, sorry to hear you've had to have a tooth pulled but, as you say, the day can only get better after that!

Kind regards, 

Ann

• Thanks Garden Birder. I have been at Minsmere, but I have been working. Not great weather to enjoy a long walk on the reserve either
  • Too bad about the weather, Ian, hoping for better weather soon, whether you are working or not.

Kind regards, 

Ann

• I should belatedly add my Many Happy Returns here - and mention that yes, there was cake! :-)

___

Find me on Flickr / All about your camera - The Getting off Auto Index