In the dunes

I visited a couple of weeks ago and was disappointed I didn't see Dartford Warblers (how come on TV they're always helpfully perched on top of gorse bushes?)  Looking at the photo's I manged to get, look like Whitethroat and probably a Dunnock (somehow I wasn't expecting one in that habitat), is that correct.

Later on having some time left after completing a walk around I went back for one last look out of North Hide, being closest to the car park.  Some kind person pointed out that a Bittern had not long before dropped into the reeds so I thought I would wait around a little longer.  After a while apparently the original couple could see it in the reeds, but despite many imaginative ways of describing where it was neither  I nor any of the other people in the hide could see it !  Anyway as luck would have it, patience paid off as it emerged from the sidelines and I got the best view I've ever had of a Bittern.

Just to add to the pictures, I liked one of a laughing Old Frank & a Dragonfly that was very obliging

Parents Reply Children
No Data