Hazy Start To The Day

Wednesday 10th October 2018

Day at Minsmere

WEATHER

17’C in car when we arrived. The Sun was glaring and it looked Hazy, it was damp dewy start.

It was warm enough to be without a Coat (is it October).

Before we started our morning walk round  Minsmere. We were sitting in the café and could not believe that there was a Ladybird going up the open side of the window, it was hard to see much from the café windows this morning as the sun was quite glary.

It was a quiet walk this week from the Visitors Centre down to the as there was no wind blowing in the Treetops. Going down the Slope towards the pond there was a number of Dragonflies darting round the Bracken and as we turned to go down the second part of the Slope there was a Common Darter Dragonfly sunning itself. The Bracken near the Slope and at the base of the Sand Martins Blank has turned a lovely Browns, Greens, and Yellows. I think this time of year Minsmere looks great with Autumn colours.

Common Darter Dragonfly

Bracken near Sand Martins Bank

Walking through North Bush is starting to get full of falling Leaves and you got the warmth of the sun through the Trees. On the other side of the North Bush you could feel the warmth in the sun a lot more, but looking out the North Wall it looked a little Hazy. When we got to the end of the North Wall Path as near to the Beach as I can get in my Wheelchair it looked quite Hazy looking across the North Wall.

The North Wall. You cannot see the hazy much in this Photo

Once we got in the North Hide, it was like sitting in a warm Oven. The sun was beating through the windows and it felt like a sunny summer’s day. The sun was so bright coming through the window I have to push myself back a bit from the wind to get in of the bright glare of the sun and I was glad of the Reeds just outside front of the hide, they blocked out the glare of the sun from the water on the Scape. The people that were upstairs were have difficulties looking out over the Scape with the glare of the sun on the water.

Walking back from North Hide path I was lucky to spot the Parasol Mushroom that I took a Photo last week, but it didn’t look as good as it did last week it looks as it is sagging from the middle this week?

Parasol Mushroom

We thought that we would just check it there was enough more Fungus that had come up from last week check behind the Pond. When we searched behind the pond all what was left this week was a lonely Fly Agaric.

Fly Agaric

In October and it is still warm enough to have my Bacon Butty outside in the sunshine. The Dragonflies that were darting round the Bracken that is round the outside of the Pic-nic area outside the cafe. The ground through the Woodland Walk are getting covered in fallen leaves, when the Leaves start to fall in autumn it remind me being back at school seeing all the leaves on the ground. I noticed some Porcelain Fungus that I do not think was there last week?  

Porcelain Fungus

The tree just in the entrance to the Woodland Walk the Porcelain Fungus looks as if it has got bigger and there has some more appeared too.

Porcelain Fungus is looking bigger than last week.

There was Fungus growing on a log it looks very similar to the Porcelain Fungus that is growing on the Tree at the entrance.

Porcelain Fungus

When I looked up different Fungus a lot of them do come under the same or similar names.

It was pleasant to walk down to the Sluice this afternoon in the October sunshine. When we got to the Sluice, we sat and looked across the scape, and the Coastguard Cottages were covered in a little mist, while we sat there, you could feel the mist rolling in off from the Sea. The South Hide was cool inside and when you open the window, you could feel the Sea Mist coming in through the window. Out in the South Scape there was many Wigeon they were just too far from me too get a good enough Photo, the Glasswort is still giving a good show of Red.

The walk from South Hide to Wildlife Hide seems to be a short walk, but when you walk from Wildlife Hide to South Hide seems to go on forever. There was a Mute Swan and a young Mute Swan out the front of the Wildlife Hide, I can spend hours watch Swan swimming they seem to move without much effete.

Mute Swan

Young Mute Swan.

END OF AN ENJOYABLE DAY

Parents Reply Children
No Data