Will the 27 meter wind turbines planned for Southerness affect the Mersehead geese?

This week I was alarmed to recieve notification of a planning application for wind turbines at East Preson, the site of a mediaeval village just 1mile North of Southerness light house and very close to Mersehead.

11/P/3/0559 | ERECTION OF 2 NOS. WIND TURBINES (27.05M TO BLADE TIP) ASSOCIATED METER HOUSE AND ACCESS TRACK | LAND ADJACENT TO EAST PRESTON AND SOLWAY LINKS GOLF COURSE, SOUTHERNESS, DUMFRIES

I regularly see several species of Geese grazing in this area from the Solway Coast Heritage Route (A710) and from the hides at Mersehead see Geese flying and congregating in this area. These turbines will be visible from the reserve and are in a flight path used by the geese. Will these turbines affect the geese at all? 
As, I understand it the Solway provided a valuable refuge and habitat for Wintering Geese, so needs to be protected.
Any information greatly appreciated. Thank you.
If you want more info you can find it on the DumGal ePlanning portal here: 
http://eaccess.dumgal.gov.uk/online-applications/centralDistribution.do?caseType=Application&keyVal=:DUMF:DCAPR:98475
Public responses need to be sent to the council by 03 Feb 2012 if anyone else is concerned about these wonderful creatures which visit our area in such large numbers.