Just had an amazing week at Shelduck cottage and here are all ther birds we saw

Mersehead Birds Oct 9th to 16th 2010 Blackbird   Blue tit   Brambling   Buzzard   Chaffinch   Common Gull   Coot   Cormorant   Crow   Curlew   Curlew sandpiper   Cygnets   Dipper   Dunnock   Eider Duck   Gadwall   Geese Barnacle   Geese Canada   Geese greylag   Geese pink footed   Glossy Ibis   Goldeneye   Goldfinch   Goosander   Great black backed gull   Great tit   Grebe great crested   Grebe little   Greenfinch   Grey plover   Guillemot   Gull black headed xxx Harrier marsh   Heron Grey   Herring Gull   Jackdaw   Jay   Kestrel   Kite xxx Knot   Lapwing   Long tailed tit   Magpie   Mallard   Meadow pipit   Moorhen   Mute swan   Oystercatcher   Peregrin falcon   Pheasant Black   Pheasants   Pidgeon wood   Pintail   Pochard   Raven   Red breasted merganser   Reed bunting   Robin   Rook   Ruddy duck   Sandpiper   Shag   Shelducks   Shoveler   Siskin   Skylark   Snipe   Song thrush   Sparrow house   Sparrow tree   Sparrowhawk   Starling   Swallows   Teal   Tern   Tufted duck   Turnstone   Twite   Water rail   Whimbrel   Wigeon   Woodcock   Woodpecker green   Wren   Yellowhammer   Salmon xxx Roe Deer   Adder   xxx      Not on site but in local area

Cottage was great and staff brilliant

Regards Chris

• Hi CDW

We were your neighbours in Barnacle!  I agree with you - it is a brilliant place to stay - we were also there in May and hope to return .  Not sure if we met or not (I'm guessing you were not looking like your photograph in sunglasses and panama hat!).   Lovely place and met some really nice people - including the staff and volunteers who were great.

You have a great list of sightings - quite a few things I did not see and would have loved to (and a few I might not have recognised if I did see them!) - the only things I saw that were not on your list were:

barn owl (rather distant so not positive)

goldcrest - quite a few but very high up

a possible willow tit - but fleeting sighting and not a definite identification and did not manage to get a photo

Red Admiral

and at both Kippford and Sandyhills - Redshank

thanks for putting up your list - give me an idea of some things to look out for next time

Maggy

see my photos on Flickr  http://www.flickr.com/photos/maggyn/

• Hi Maggy

I think we did meet at one point and defo waved through window. I usually had a green peak cap on but on the hotter days did have my floppy hat on! Was usually seen carrying tripods scopes and cameras! We hope to go back in April to experience the Springtime there.

Regards Chris

Regards Chris

• HI Chris

Thanks for your reply. I remember you now with the green peak hat - I had not realised you were next door though.  I spoke to lots of folk that week and - with the Ibis - quite a few people were back at the reserve on several days.    You will love Mersehead in the springtime - we were there in May and it was absolutely lovely.   I don't know about you but we would happily have stayed this week as well if we could have.

Regards

Margaret

• Just put a friend request into you. Hope you don't mind. Yes would have stayed all month given the chance!!

Regards Chris

Regards Chris

• Hi

very happy with your friend request - sorry for delay in replying.

regards

Maggy