LG Osprey GABFEST for November 2012

The 2012 Loch Garten season started with disappointments.  Then we lost the baby in traumatic circumstances. Then in October we lost the second of this year’s chicks, Alba.

So now in November we look forward to following the adventures of our one surviving tracked LG youngster, Caledonia.  She apparently left home to move to the city, where she has been exploring city life.  Will she become a city girl or will she eventually pack up and move on to Africa?  They say you can take the girl out of country, but you can’t take the country out of the girl.   Many hope she will stay in Spain.   We shall see. 

We will be following other tagged UK osprey as well as other birds and wildlife as interesting nests or stories become available.

Also during November we hope to have another Music Night and our third StreetWalk.

• Good morning all!  Thank you for all your remembrance day poems.

• More news on Facebook re Ceulan.  More points in overnight about 9 miles away on 8th.  Still very confusing but more hopeful.

• Good afternoon all...

Thank you for all of your rememberance day posts...

The Sun's shining now on the green fields of France

A warm summer breeze makes the red poppies dance

The trenches have long since gone under the plough

There's nae bombs nae barbed wire... The there's nae guns firing now....

• Unknown said:

This just says it all...

Just so, BeeJay :-*

• Very moving, JAG  As I've said before, I love the Corries but had forgotten that number so thanks for posting

• Thanks to everyone for the lovely posts fo Armistice Day/Veterans Day/Remembrance Day.  

Jag, you give no credits for either the picture or poem.  Therefore, I am assuming that both are your own works, including the wee poem.  And a lovely poem it is, such beautiful sentiments to remember the present.  The picture is your usual  high standard of beauty and quality, but I confess I'm not positive of what I'm seeing.  Poppies, green fields, beach?, ocean? and sky. right?

• GABFEST MEMORIES

This afternoon I am remembering one year ago today when on the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month in the year 2011  (11-11-11 at 11:11 a.m.) I was on Gabfest  with Jag.

JAG posted:  I am in wonder this morning, of all mornings, I found this growing in my back garden...

Later SUGAR posted:

"And when he gets to heaven,

To St. Peter he will tell

One more soldier for duty Sir,

I've served my time in hell...........

Never forget.... For the fallen."

And my response:

• "Hi, Sugar & evening people, Nice lines, Sugar. "War is hell", indeed! (quote from Gen. Sherman, US Civil War) What a nice dream - PEACE!

Did you all notice that at 11-11-11 11:11 this morning UK time, , I was online with Black Jaguar admiring his photo of a poppy growing in his back yard (garden) and exchanging lines of "In Flanders Field" with him.

To be communicating with someone in a foreign country all the way across the ocean, remembering our veterans of all our countries with this special poem & special flower at this special unique time was to me a mind-boggling experience, one I will long remember."

• Hello again all,

June how I recall that morning one year ago... Yes friends across an ocean..  

In response to your question above, the words are from the song in the next post... The green fields of France (willie macBride) the picture I took that while on holiday in the summer.. Just south of Sangate on the west coast of France... It is exactly as you describe, poppies, green French fields, the English Chanel and a lovely blue sky...

Off out now for dinner with HBOMB & SL..

BFN

• BJ - Beautiful photo of the poppy fields! Thank you also for the Corries, not heard that song before! Enjoy dinner!

June - Thank you for sharing your memories of this time last year. Sugar's little poem very poignant.