LG Osprey GABFEST for November 2012

The 2012 Loch Garten season started with disappointments.  Then we lost the baby in traumatic circumstances. Then in October we lost the second of this year’s chicks, Alba.

So now in November we look forward to following the adventures of our one surviving tracked LG youngster, Caledonia.  She apparently left home to move to the city, where she has been exploring city life.  Will she become a city girl or will she eventually pack up and move on to Africa?  They say you can take the girl out of country, but you can’t take the country out of the girl.   Many hope she will stay in Spain.   We shall see. 

We will be following other tagged UK osprey as well as other birds and wildlife as interesting nests or stories become available.

Also during November we hope to have another Music Night and our third StreetWalk.

• good night all and so sad and worried about Ceulan

Up the wooden hill

• B&B Thankyou for your comments. I must however correct one of NiteOwls earlier claims. The little red car hasn't done 400,000 miles as she recenty insisted. It has done 139,000. It's  is also a bit small for our travels. This was demonstrated on a camping trip to West Sussex 3 years ago. We spotted a bargain at a seaside stall one day, a nice four foot windbreak for five pounds. It spent it's journey back to Yorkshire laid over the top of the seats poking into NiteOwl's left ear.

Keith Rogers. I fell in love with Scotland watching "Billy Connolly's World Tour of Scotland" in 1994. Myself and my future best-man set off on a voyage of discovery, and somehow ended up camping in Crail, Fife for 3 days in torrential rain. However, on that trip, we did a long drive out across to Oban one day, and I realised just how MUCH there was to see.  Even now, after a dozen or so visits, I have only scratched the surface of what is to see.  

NiteOwl probably hasn't told the story of our new-found love of traditional Scottish music, so I will. When we travelled to Strathspey last year, I drove up wide awake to the sound of all the Oasis albums back to back, about 7 cds in total. By the time we got there, she insisted "I want some proper Scottish music in this car to see Scotland with". The following day we went to a place near Boat of Garten called "The Heather Centre". There we bought a CD by a fellow named Noel McGoughlin called "20 Best of Scotland". To cut a long story short, I hated it at first, but now it is probably my favourite collection of music. The traditional Scottish music and the scenery go together so well, I find.  

I am so thrilled that the wonderful people on the Gabfest like my videos so much. (I say "my videos", NiteOwl does some of the filming, my job is to edit them together.)

• MULBERRY - After posting your scenes at The Caledonian Canal and The dark Island accompanying this I did chat with NiteOwl and she said when we visit Scotland she does put on the Scottish traditional music on in the car as you drive around. I can expresss her love for Scotland from her posts. I wish her a speedy recovery and back to her normal GSOH.

• On this REMEMBRANCE SUNDAY and VETERANS DAY SUNDAY.

May we just take time to reflect those that over the years:-

REMEMBER THOSE THAT HAVE DIED SO THAT WE MAY LIVE

And a nice poem  for Remembrance Day from the inquisitive eyes of a child.

• Good morning all - I hope everyone else has the lovely sunny start that we have!  I'm very pleased about this as our daughter, a Sea Cadet, will be in Felixstowe's Remembrance Day parade.  I must confess to a fair amount of parental pride as I type this!

EDIT  Morning, Keith - a very appropriate post and beautifully presented.

• Morning Clare - I am so pleased to hear stories like that of yours and the youth of today. Your daughter will be a very proud Sea Cadet as she attends the Felixstowe Remembrance Day Parade as will both parents especially being of ex military. Limpy will be so proud.

On a personal note - We will take our Poppy Cross to the resting place of another great soldier who landed on them Normandy Beaches in June 1944 so that today I can live and be married to his daughter.

• My wife and I will be at Hunstanton, over looking the Wash wearing with pride both our poppies, but also a speciel badge, which is as honary members of the 100th squadren, which includs the Lancaster bomber sq, to see all the youngsters parading with the older members is heart warming.

• Good Morning All.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:

Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.

At the going down of the sun and in the morning

We will remember them.

When you go home tell them of us and say -

For your tomorrow we gave our today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4NtSqZcT_4

• Thank you for the Remembrance tributes.

MULBERRY, thank you for the video and please pass on wishes for NiteOwl's speedy recovery. :-)