The Goodbye (again, again !!)

Well, my second attempt at a Forum for just our 'good byes' has been deleted. I'm suppose to write here under Loch Garten Ospreys. All I can do is to encourage you to write as you deem appropriate a farewell to The Family, Jeanette has written a lovely Ode but it's under the current blog but hopefully one or  other of you poets will write under this 'Group' headed 'Loch Garten Ospreys' . And the rest of us can just add our thoughts.

It's become a bit boring now it's for the third time but my contribution is:

Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

What can I say Osprey fans!  My heart is in my mouth and down at my feet !  :(         But, :)

I am expecting the very very best for this wonderful family. The Girls have had the very best start in life. They are blessed as they have been such a blessing to us. Three new Ospreys to grace our world and Scotland in particular.

I shall always remember my first sight of a very very handsome Osprey which Richard told us was named Odin.  I so hope one of us has a REALLY GOOD picture of Odin 'cos I didn't do so well in trying to grab images of him off the STILL camera to paste into Word, pop into Photoshop to change into a jpg image that I could more usefully use. (Tiger supplied one: VERY many thanks Tiger – I don’t suppose you have one of EJ do you?)

And I shall always remember that moment of epiphany when on that cold Scottish night EJ left the sleeping chicks in the nest (leaving me to give an internal gasp and wonder where she was going in the dark!)  to return with a 'baby blanket' of some flat organic material which she draped over baby Garten before settling to brood them all.

Then there is .......The Girls . How beautiful Rothes is, how handsome Mallachie is, (yes,I know she's a she but somehow 'beautiful' isn't quite right) - so good looking, Mallachie, so good looking, and precious Garten, you are so, so attractive little one. But, of course, you are not little any more but grown and graceful. A family to be proud of indeed, EJ and Odin.

I have a lump in my throat and my eyes are misty as I type this. So wish I was Dr Doolittle !!!    :)

Au revoir  - till I see you ALL again - cherrio (not goodbye),

• margobird said:

Ellieloo thanks for that it surely echos all our thoughts and once again a very emotional day although I was OK this morning  but Lindybird's poem set me off again.  You are right they have become family to us all and we will miss them all so much.

Oh dear Margobird now I have just read Rothes has gone, I just want to sit and cry I'm just so scared for them all. good job hubbys at work

The more you rush, the longer it takes

• Ellieloo Watching ospreys is a scary business and there is always something to worry about, are they getting enough to eat although in this instance Odin made sure they did and even EJ fished for them as well.  They really have had such a good start to their lives so hopefully it will help them on their long journey. followed the tracking of Deshar and Nethy last year and it was so heartbreaking but this is nature and nature is not always kind.  I am just expecting great things of these 3 girls although we won't khow about Garten of course.  My husband doesn't understand why I watch when it has me in floods of tears.  He is a nature lover but  probably thinks I am a bit over the top. 

Garten seemed to spend a long time up in that tree earlier on and in fact I have just looked again and she is still there peering at something below her.

Margobird

• As you are to watching them and this probably isn't the right place to ask, but just how do they know where they are going and when to go, is it all instinct bred in them for years

The more you rush, the longer it takes

• Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

EJ Waiting on the nest with fish unfinished in her talon

White glistened the head feathers in the star light

Far seeing eyes scanned the sky

Something she was seeking lay beyond her eye sight

A gift of fish was her sigh

Patiently she waited for the night to pass

Hoping for a glimpse at dawn

One proud look at a daughter we named Rothes

Before she flew abroad