Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 4 August 2024

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I don't have any wildlife stories this week. It stormed every day here. Hot and humid and torrential rain. I was exhausted after my dog-sitting. One of the dogs is 18 years old. She wouldn't sleep at night. She got out of her bed every hour, went to the kitchen, and barked and barked...

So, I have slept in front of the fan most of the week and followed the news/politics. I intend to come on this site tomorrow and make replies. Sorry I haven't been very functional.

Everyone have a good week. Love and hugs to all!!!

• Dibnlib - this is so awful on so many counts. The time it is taking makes it even worse. So sorry. 
    Annette - glad you were OK in the earthquake. Just as well given that you forgot to do the drill!!!!

Heather - good to hear all the news and that you are getting out and about.

You will all laugh!  I have been out for lunch again. Just a panini and I didn’t have much this evening. I went to Burton Mere RSPB again this time with some birding ladies. We stayed for 5 hours and just looked and listened and strolled and relaxed. We saw a lot of different kinds of birds. Obviously the ducks are difficult to identify at the moment but we gave it a good shot by looking at beaks, feet etc. We didn’t get back to the cafe for our lunch until 2pm! 

• dibnlib - So sorry to hear the continuing saga of your mother's money.  I remember when you first told us about it some years ago.  So dreadful for you.  She had obviously decided how she wanted her money to be spread around, and of course it would have done so much good.  And the fact it happened while she was still alive somehow makes it worse.  I can't imagine how you are coping with it all.  Thoughts and prayers seem so little - but they are yours anyway.  I do hope the court proceedings will happen soon - or that he will be man enough to plead guilty.

• dibnlib:  Well, all I can say is that I hope that house has appreciated mightily over the years!  

• Thanks for all your thoughts.  Annette the house may well have appreciated but unless the court says otherwise it will not be handed over to anyone in Mums will and I doubt that will happen.

• Sorry I haven’t answered your kind comments & queries. I was feeling overwhelmed. OH has been moved to a temporary facility, an adjunct of the main hospital; in a section known as CAPS (Care Awaiting Placement). He is in a room of 4 and complains it is noisy (TVs & radios). Staff seem very caring and he is settling. This place is closer to the Daus than me. Dau#1 has been visiting him on her way home from work (teaching). Dau#2 finds it easier to fit in with Trio’s school runs.

I visited OH this morn. We went to on site cafe for hot choc (him), coffee (me) and he ate the turkey cranberry sandwich I smuggled in. As soon as we returned to his room, his lunch arrived. He scoffed the lot as at last he has been upgraded from mush to "regular" food. What a difference real food makes! Parking is free for 2 hours but I mistimed my departure by 5 mins and it cost me $3 for those mins. Bleah.

By the way, coming home 1 pm-ish, there was still sea fog as far as 3 km inland.

• AQ   pleased to hear that things are improving for the family as well as OH.

• AQ:  Good that he's close to the girls although that's - what? - a 45 mnute drive for you?  

dibnlib:  So if the (rightful?) heirs don't get the house, who does?  Other creditors?

• My brother keeps it and will put it in his will as he sees fit.  As power of attorney he sold my Mums house when she went into a care home to the daughter of a friend of his and despite us telling him to put it on the open market he sold it £10k under valuation.  Of course we now know he was desperate to get his hands on money any way he could.  We do think this friend was in cahoots with him and gave her details to the police. After investigation he told us that he thought this friend was betting on my brothers behalf as he may have been banned by betting companies.  To be honest Annette the more digging done the worse it got and I still have sleepless nights and wonder why I hadn't realised something was amiss.  

• dibnlib - Please don't give yourself a hard time about how things went.  We all want to trust our family members, and most of the time we're right to do so.  But sometimes it doesn't work out and those we thought we could trust are only concerned with their own interests, or sometimes trying to save their own skin.  My heart goes out to you in this awful situation.

• dibnlib:  So he sold it to a friend but somehow he gets to keep it and dispose of it in his will?  That doesn't make sense.  But please don't feel you have to respond because it's obviously so upsetting to you (and to most of us!).  Big hugs from here.... and if hugs were pounds or dollars, you'd be rich!