MANTON BAY - April 2024

Continued from Manton Bay – March 2024

The history of the Manton Bay nest and stats can be found here  

The season so far:

12 Mar:  Maya returned @ 15:58 link to post - video

13 Mar:  Blue 33(11) returned @ 15:25 link to post - video

30 Mar:  Egg #1 laid @ 13:58 link to post - video

© Leicestershire & Rutland Wildlife Trust

• Hello Everyone, I've not been very well.  Just a quick post just now and hopefully I'll be back in a few days.  Thanks to all who have posted.

Meantime, Rutland have advised they are keeping an eye on Maya - latest from their FB page

• Hi Karen, so lovely to see you back again, sorry to hear you’ve been unwell and recuperating. Look after yourself and get better soon. Heart

Thanks for the update on Maya’s health. ️Fingers crossed she recovers well and you’ll be here sharing photos of her new chicks when they arrive. Hugging

• Really good to see you, Karen, and wish that you are feeling much better very soon. Please take plenty of R&R Hugging

It has been quite worrying watching Maya's breathing but hoping so much that it improves ASAP. Many thanks for posting ROP's update Fingers crossed

• Hello Karen, I hope you are soon feeling much better and that the support of your 'chums' here will five you a lift.

Not good news about Maya.  I guess there is little they can do other than wait.  Very difficult for all concerned, and for us who can only watch.  I was aware of comments of concern earlier in the season.  Well done for noticing.  

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• Hello Karen relief to hear from you as was getting concerned about you and Maya but hoping that you were both ok! Sorry to hear that you not well and hope you get better soon! Pleased to hear that Rutland have avian vets and Tim looking at Maya as it is most worrying looking at her breathing. On the positive side she is eating and flying so has strength and she's tough as we know so we pray for her and you to get back up to speed super soon! 

• A headless fish for Maya at 18:47

She took a quick bite of it prior to her leaving

Nest cam view

Flying off to the left

©L&RWT

• Sorry to hear you're unwell Karen, please get well soon and come back to us ... not good news about Maya, Fingers crossedshe improves!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Sorry to hear that you have been unwell Karen, wishing you a speedy recovery, and look forward to seeing you back with us, when you are fit and well.

Someone posted the report on the LG thread, so that we could be updated. Fingers crossed Maya will be okay and recover soon.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Karen said:
    I've not been very well

It's a sad coincidence that Maya has also been "under the weather" (I put it that way, so's not to sound alarmist on YouTube).  I look forward to your healthy return in a few days, as you said Hugging

At one stage I was very worried about Maya - I omitted to caption the clip where one of her "droops". when she wasn't supporting her head at all, lasted 2+ minutes!  But this morning she looks OK, can't say "fine" yet.

IMAGICAT

• 9th April

A golden fish delivery for Maya at 19:07

Wide angle view

Maya picked it up and took it off nest in her beak

Nest cam view

©L&RWT