Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 9 April 2023

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a joyful, peaceful week! Happy holiday to all those who celebrate Sunday.

I may have baby Northern Cardinals in the nest on the side of my enclosed porch. The Cardinal pair have been back and forth to the nest constantly for the last couple of days. They usually have 2 broods in a season, so they start early.

I was also very happy to see that all my neighbors' chickens made it through the storms. The big red hen was glad to see me, too, and pecked my shoe.

Love to all.

• Diane:  Bless you for starting us off again!!  And am pleased to hear that the neighborhood chickens are alive and well.  We don't get Cardinals here; how nice to have a little family so close.   That's valuable info from bjane; I hope it helps and yes, you can change during open enrollment and (if I'm not mistaken) within a certain time after your birthday.  

Lindybird:  Hope you guys are sleeping warmer; any chance you'll have to replace the heater?

Hope everyone has a good Easter.  My daughter's coming over for breakfast tomorrow morning, then we're going to go off with Pearl to explore some open spaces...

• Thank you DIANE. HAPPY EASTER to you and all posters & lurkers.

It is a lovely sunny day here. I’ve been to church and no, they didn’t roll out the red carpet. I was disappointed that I saw only 2 others masked - covid nos are nearing a peak after our March Festivals. Dau#2 & Appendages are calling after lunch. I have 3 choc bilbies for the Trio.

• Thank you, DIANE !
    Happy Easter to all -
    AQ - I've just followed your link about the bilbies, I had never heard of them. I'm glad that an effort is being made to save the species. My SiL arrived back on Thursday, on a busy flight which started in Melbourne and continued to UK via Perth. He was apparently the only person on the flight who was wearing a face mask.
  • Congratulations on the Northern Cardinals Diane and I'm glad to hear the chickens made it through. I hope you'll enjoy a lot of good weather in Indiana for a long while now.
  • HEATHER – Another link to bilbies. I saw them once in a breeding facility in Charleville QLD. They were cute little nocturnal creatures dashing hither & thither under the red lights. My pics must have been poor as I have kept none!

• A HAPPY EASTER TO ALL ---

I hope you have sunshine and chocolate! 

Many thanks to Diane for starting us off - nice to hear about the beautiful Cardinals.

• HAPPY EASTER to all. I hope you have sunshine like I do.
    Thank you for starting us off Diane. Lovely news about the cardinals and also your neighbour’s chickens. I hope you get your health insurance issues sorted this week.
    Annette - enjoy breakfast and the walk with your daughter and dog.
    AQ - so glad you got to church. I loved the article about the billies. My brother in law traditionally buys me a small chocolate rabbit every Easter but I haven’t got it yet. I may get it on Wednesday- fingers crossed!!!
    Heather - glad your son in law is home for Easter.
    Lindy - loved the daffodil photo. Enjoy North Wales today. I fear rain is on its way.
    I got the grass cut yesterday and am hoping to do a little more work in the garden today.

• Just taken this of 2 of my patio pots. Do you remember when they were covered in snow? 

• Wishing everyone a happy and sunny Easter. The sun is shining brightly here - and I realised about an hour ago that I have absolutely no chocolate in the house! Vivid imagination required! Lovely church service this morning, with beautiful spring flowers added to the cross by everyone in the congregation. Haven't seen the church so full for a very long time.

Hope OG is recovering and will soon feel up to posting again.

Rusty - I remember your pots wreathed in snow. Isn't nature wonderful ... they look so pretty now. And Lindy's daffodils are a lovely splash of colour. Is spring really springing? Just looked at a weather warning for Wednesday - very high winds. There are a lot of Ws in there ...