Osprey Chat March 2023 to February 2024

With the first news of LG in a while, I thought it appropriate to start our Osprey Chat Thread for 2023

The camera is live!!  Let the season begin

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• I can't remember atm, but what did we do about Alyth sub station?
    Did it have it's own thread or was it on a general one.
    I notice that the camera isn't up and running yet.

Richard B

• Unknown said:
    what did we do about Alyth sub station

It was in News from Other Nests, along with Tweed Valley (and maybe others).

It could have its own thread, but as I remember the view of the nestcup early in the season wasn't good for eggs/osplets.  I'll go with the flow.

I don't think I'm going to be able to manage all the cams this season, by any means Frowning2

Has anyone had news of Aberfoyle?  Eg, re-sited cam?  New platform?

• Hello Everyone - late arriving due to ill health and won't be around as much.

I'll set up threads during the course of the day

Another season just about to get underway but I feel really sad.

Last year I felt Starling's loss greatly and this season just wont be the same without Patily. I looked so forward to her posts each morning and evening. She always popped into the Manton Bay thread. Huge loss but here's wishing for a great season as I know Pat, and all other past forum members, will be with us. xx
  • Good to hear from you Karen. We had started to worry about you. Sorry you've been unwell.
  • Just to report that Karen has been able to start the MB thread for 2023 after all.  Well done Karen, and thank you.

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• I don't know where to post this info about the site!!

My above post here about being moderated has been removed.

Few minutes ago I only edited the opening post in the MB thread to add a capture and the mods stepped in and I see have now removed the Manton Bay thread. 

I don;t know what will happen.  I have appealed and will leave it for a few hours whereby hopefully they will display the thread again. 

I am having real issues posting 

• Oh my goodness, what a mess!! What on earth was there for the mods to get twitchy about?
  • Hi Karen, it’s lovely to hear from you. So sorry you’ve been unwell, hopefully when your beautiful ospreys return they will help you to feel better. It is so sad that familiar people’s names will no longer be seen here but as you say, they’ll still be around and would always want us to continue and share our love of ospreys and all the future successes ahead.

I’m happy to add some captures on MB to help out if you’re not feeling up to it and I’m sure others would be glad to as well.

Poor you having your thread moderated, goodness knows why? Hopefully, it’ll get sorted for you soon.
  • Korky - a nightmare and thank you Glider.

The mods did not replace the MB thread but at least I have managed to set it up again. I cannot however post past links when doing so, I was again blocked and moderated. Crazy but at least the MB thread is up again. :-)
  • Karen W said:
    Korky - a nightmare and thank you Glider.

The mods did not replace the MB thread but at least I have managed to set it up again. I cannot however post past links when doing so, I was again blocked and moderated. Crazy but at least the MB thread is up again. :-)

Good grief, I wonder why that was, Karen?! Many thanks for persevering...

Wishing you good health Hugging