2022/23 OFF-SEASON FREE-FOR-ALL, ***FEEDERS*** & Other Wildlife Cams

Please post here anything related to the thread title Blush 

Makov Animal Rescue Station

One of our favourites.

The Pond cam has remained throughout the year, with new-to-us maturing cygnets and fawns still at the bottle-feeding stage:

No table manners !!!

The second cam has been a White Stork nest, which I have not been following during Osprey season.  The nest is very close to the ground because the Storks can't fly!

Today I find that the second cam has reverted to the birdie feeder we love - except it's been totally refurbished!  (Wish they'd zoom out just a teeny tad.)  Improved sound !!!  And look who popped in a few seconds after I started the download Chipmunk 

This was an incidental I came across on BirdwatchingHQ (you know how he hosts lots of cams unrelated to his own):

"Nocturnal thieves..."

• From a couple of days of Makov feeder.

The Middle-spotted Woodpecker under a fleeing Great Tit:

Blue Tit not looking pretty, looks like it's ringed:

There are "hundreds" of Spadgers every day. shame that just these few were transfixed - they were gone a split second later, along with all the other birds in the area except the ones in the dangling "house" feeder. who just wondered what all the fuss was about:

First in @ 07:00 - a couple of poses while it found food and kept an eye out for threats:

Jays were in and out nicking the peanuts:

Definitely more than one, I wonder how numerous they are?

Reminding me to say that very few Greenfinches are visiting lately, this was an oddment:

But then there were at least 4 togeher yesterday late afternoon.

• Glaslyn

23/24 October night:

These 4 were swimming on the river for hours:

Then 2 sailed in from under the bridge and joined them:

Dang we have a spider:

And a web - but shortly after this snap it rained heavily and afterward the web could not be seen:

The regular Mule Swan couple in harmony:

Eek!  What happened to the LG Feeder cam?   After an hour or so (?) it restarted itself correctly:

I was calling the Crestie a bully until a thorough investigation showed that it was minding its own business until the Coal tit provoked it - the Coalie was chased out of the picture and Crestie returned to enjoy its session:

Not long before nightcam the Treecreeper spent a few minutes eating (after that, a Crestie, then nightfall):

• Many thanks Scylla for the Makov, Glaslyn & LG feeder updates, am enjoying them very much!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• WendyBartter said:
    am enjoying them very much!

HuggingHuggingHugging

Glaslyn - the 25th looked like a lovely day.

Goosander?  They never did focus perfectly:

One half of the Mute Swan couple, half under, feetz paddling:

The 26th was a cloudy day leading to a misty evening, I didn't spot any "good" captures.

===========

LotL !!!

It came to my notice on the 25th that the cam was live again Grin

First day, the Raven visited a couple of times and there were a lot of ducks congregating and moving down the Loch:

How can I be expected to spot a Tawny on the nest with this lot flickering away?

Next day, it looked as tho the ducks were panicked - was there an otter maybe?  There was still disturbance on the surface after most of the ducks had gone:

• Wonderful 'snaps' all . Thank you. . Loved the Goosanders and Mute Swan and Ducks . Love em all          Smile   loved just everything and, I also grabbed a snap of the Point Croesor Osprey nest  nest on  that  great close up (doesn't often happen)

PS what a great 'panic' video !  - maybe an otter ??  or a dog of course , although I would have thought  not as likely. Any other suggestions anyone?  

• Unknown said:
    maybe an otter ??

That's what I thought/wondered.

There's no freeze in this video - whatever was so fascinating to the squirrel?

Makov

I've been meaning to "do" the Nuthatch for ages, this time it was still for just long enough - and I'm intrigued by its bottie pattern - is there an evolutionary reason for it?

Greenfinches have been back in force (but not as many as sparrows):

Unlisted video because it's a charming little helper again:

• Bravo for the greenfinches        Grin            but please could we have more sparrow videos    ( no pressure of course              Innocent   )

Thank you Scylla     Grin

• 27 October

LotL

Sparrowhawk ???

Mystery flyer-by:

Next day, this Jay arrived with morsel, stayed 30 seconds, left with morsel:

I had flu & covid jabs on Tuesday, been swollen, sore and knackered (more than usual) ever since - I've been thru the cams for anything unusual...

• Yes a sparrowhawk I reckon scylla. I wondered about a goshawk but then un-wondered. Thanks for the puzzle