LOCH OF THE LOWES - MAY 2022

• Scrolled back to see when the grass pom-pom was brought in, found it at around 10.33. It’s something I remember from last year, Laddie liked his pom-poms!

The chicks are wondering what’s going on! 

NC0 has of course to reposition it.

• In reply to Glider:

Laddie with a 'live' fish at 18:02

I noticed at the start of the feed (that the above pics were taken from), #3 mastered the art of stealing bites destined for #1

Edit: The whole feed lasted no more than 12 minutes, I couldn't see any remains of it left over! 

Another edit!: NC0 swallowing the fish tail

©SWT/LotL

• Another live fish delivery 20.05

• In reply to Glider:

Oh fantastic! That's a superb capture of Laddie's wings, Glider! 

• In reply to Glider:

This was my favourite part of the feed. #3 was slower to get up and found itself at the back again, sandwiched in between its older siblings. At one point, the 2 bigger chicks were pulling at the same piece of meat but #3 saw the opportunity to snatch it in the middle and take it from the other two!

• In reply to Sandra :

Sandra P said:

Oh fantastic! That's a superb capture of Laddie's wings, Glider! 

Thanks Sandra - Just luck!

• In reply to Glider:

Glider said:

This was my favourite part of the feed. #3 was slower to get up and found itself at the back again, sandwiched in between its older siblings. At one point, the 2 bigger chicks were pulling at the same piece of meat but #3 saw the opportunity to snatch it in the middle and take it from the other two!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tell you, even though #3 is being fed really well by NC0, the 'stealing' skill it has learnt is incredible! 

• In reply to Sandra :

Laddie collected the remains of the 20:05 fish at 20:28

Laddie was back on the nest at 21:07 while NC0 had gone for a comfort break. His talons were empty

NC0 returned and, judging by her demeanor (and voice!), expected to see some of the fish

"Are you talking to me, dear?"

Off he went

Scene at present

©SWT/LotL

• That’s funny Sandra!!
  • In reply to Glider:

Well Glider,  I don't know how he could be so close to her and not appear to hear her! lol. I could and my sound is on quite low!