Goshawk webcam at Loch Garten

From RSPB Loch Garten Facebook
Goshawks are making a sneaky appearance on our live feeds. We are still waiting to see if they will incubate but we believe they have eggs already. If you want to follow their nest you can do so here and we even have infrared on this camera so can watch into the evening!
  • I used to enjoy watching the New Forest goshawk cam so this is a welcome addition. Ian
  • Thanks for this link Korky, have bookmarked it. That swinging back and forth is making me sea sick though, thought it was my eyes at one point! No wind, so why the swinging?
  • Thank you KORKY !!! !!! !!!  Amazing !!!

Ian S said:
    I used to enjoy watching the New Forest goshawk cam so this is a welcome addition. Ian

Me too!

No swinging when I checked, CATLADY, maybe I was just lucky.  You won't be surprised that I'm recording it, so we'll see.  EDIT - Oh yes it is (swaying slowly).

I suppose this thread ought to be in Wildlife on the Web - but it would be more convenient (for me!) here.  Yet another thread.

This has been overcooked in instant pic improver:

• When is the birdfeeder webcam going to be live online? As that was promised to be for 12 months a  year, of which hasn’t happened as of yet. Sorry to sound critical! But I’m very disappointed that, that has not yet happened!!

• scylla said:
    I suppose this thread ought to be in Wildlife on the Web - but it would be more convenient (for me!) here.  Yet another thread.

Well I did have a bit of a think before posting the new thread here. What we need is someone to organise all the threads so they make sense. But then I suspect none of us would understand them as we've all got used to the slightly haphazard way they're done at present. That's what you get when they're not organised by an IT person......

• Unknown said:
    That's what you get when they're not organised by an IT person......

And we've had no Mod to manage us since MrsT retired.

We'd put the feeder cam here, and the Goshawk is an LG cam, so... if there are strong objections, I'll transfer it.

As it's the first record of this nest and the prospective parents' behaviour, here are all the changeovers from lunch to bedtime.  Note that no food was brought to the nest.

It had to happen - I deleted the wrong video, it is irretrievable and cannot be recreated because the original files are gone.

• I've never seen a goshawk so have been watching this cam with interest. I just hope their prey doesn't include our prospective osprey family at LG.
  • The camera is on a tree independent of that of the nest. This means there are two moving parts that will be affected by the winds higher up in the canopy. I recommend Dramamine.