Weekly Chat, Sunday December 12, 2010

Will catch up later, but see the last page of yesterday's chat for updates from folks - including the last one from Diane!

• Good morning DjoanS typed a reply to you but it wouldn't go and i have come into the main site now which seems to be working.  So pleased about Harry must have been a big relief for you.  I was thinking aoout him last evening.  The only time I took Joey my budgie to the vet unfortunately he couldn't be saved.  I still have his feather from the moult which my sister stick on black paper, glued seed shaped like a bowl and had it framed for he.  I still talk to him when I am dusting.  He was such a cutie and gave me such pleasure.  

Hoping the snow will not be as bad this time around for you.  I have decided to go out tomorrow and get some last bits and also take a book back that I got for OH.  Silly me I had already got it a couple of weeks ago.  Senior moments by he dozen now.  Hope you get your "lots to do" done today.

Margobird

• Unknown said:

Wow Margo. Definitely the wrong time of year to see one. I have seen one in Spring in this country but I hope your's moves on quickly.

Good morning BrendaH yes I agree it does need to move on before we get this next Artic blast which I am deading.  Makes you wonder how and why it came here.

Margobird

• Whoops dreading I think not deading.

Margobird

• Good to see you valc and how lucky you are to those fantastic little birds.

Margobird

• Good morning Alan very dull here and looking almost as if it could rain.  Started off with a frost and it seems to be a regular task at the moment, defrosing bird baths and getting enough food out aor all the birds.  Still haven't spotted any waxwings and I notice now the sparrows, starlings and wood pigeons are feasting on the berries.

Diane you really do suffer from extremes of weather.  So good of you to leave the garage open so wildlife can get some shelter.

Margobird

• Just picked this up about birds flocking to the Solway Firth

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-south-scotland-11985627

Margobird

• Afternoon to All  this is the first time i have made a card so hope this ok

• Tuesday all. Just got home from shops and having a nice cup of strong, hot, black coffee now and reading the Seasonal Greetings that postman delivered (especially love one card that has Christmassy mice in the cover ;) ). There weren’t too many people in the shops, but when one has to ware warm clothes ’to survive’ outside it gets a bit too warm inside the shops. And when you get back to your car (which has gone cold whilst you were in the shop) all sweaty, well not a lovely feeling but I survived LOL. Glad that the technical change thingy seems to gone well. Diane, wow, what a weather you are having! I am so happy that your bro has been supportive. And great that you have an ‘extra’ garage for the Wild Creatures. Annette, yes those rainbows weren’t bows/arches but vertical - like two wide pillars (columns), very strange and beautiful sight, I have never seen anything like that. Margobird, I am sure Billy will get more and more trustful towards you, he seems to be rather protective ‘bout his territory already not allowing neighbour‘s cat visit your garden anymore. And I hope Rhys will be well soon. Linda, little Tomazs is soooo cute with his ‘huge’ cuddly toy. Alan, give Hamish a hug from me. DjoanS, glad your budgie got good news from the vet! Alicat, lovely card! Have a nice day OG, Gary, TerryM, Tiger, ChloeB and everyone I haven't mentioned

• Thank you Original Goldfinch for the picture of the pied wagtail , hope you dont mind if I forward it to my sis as it is her favourite bird

regards paula