Weekly Chat, Sunday December 12, 2010

Will catch up later, but see the last page of yesterday's chat for updates from folks - including the last one from Diane!

• What a lovely card Alicat, thank you.

I am currently in the midst of sorting out a problem with my desktop, well not with the desktop exactly but the OS I am running on it. I upgraded it from Vista to Windows 7 six months ago. Now Microsoft inform me it isn't a genuine copy. I bought the upgrade fully boxed and sealed from an Amazon seller back in June and all was hunky dory....until yesterday! What a headache!

• Lovely card ALICAT.  How is your OH now?

Margobird

• Good afternoon ChloeB  what a stunning pic of a rainbow.

Margobird

• Brenda H - the vet said Harry wouldn't feel any pain and I wouldn't want him to be in pain. He is certainly still as noisy, and as lively, as ever ... flying everywhere in the house and getting his beak in where it shouldn't be! The vet said he would quickly learn to adapt his movements to compensate ... similar to wild birds that we see with broken legs etc.

Alicat - thank you for the lovely card!

Joan - avid bird and nature watcher in Northumberland!

Index Thread

• thanks for all your comments on my card

margobird  OH is now back to himself now that the tablets have kicked in he is due back at the doctors on thursday for a check up to see how things are going they wanted too see him back in a fortnights time from when i first got to the doctors hopefuly they will say that he has to stay on the tablets for a while longer yet, thanks for asking we are going for a christmas meal on friday lunch can't wait

• Hi Margo, yes great isn't it. I wonder how cold it was there?

• Morning all: Thick fog here today with possible rain turning into probable and then definite by early next weeek.  Bumped into one of Costco's attorneys yesterday, doing her shopping - at Costco!  She said Costco had decided not to fight the verdict or award that we decided on for the plaintiff a couple of months ago. I just wonder how much he ended up with after fees, etc..

Seems like the transition to the new server has been seamless - thanks all you techie types behind the scenes!  :-)

Alicat: Very pretty card - how clever; I shall have to try something like that.

Djoan: Always good news when our feathered and furry friends are found to be basically okay. Maybe orthodics for Harry? Or a tiny cane?  Sorry, just being silly here!

Margobird:  Aha. So BIlly Whizz is getting territorial eh? He'll be curled up in your favorite chair before long! That hoopoe is an amazing little bird; never seen anything like that. Love the idea of the RSPB's wild bird plots - must be a livesaver in the weather you've been having in the UK.  Do hope Rhys - and you - stay healthy for the holidays.

Auntie: When I used to fly East to Washington, DC/Chicago during the winter, I had a terrible time bundling up for the street, then being horribly overheated in the stores and ending up sweating  - and freezing! - when I went outside again.  There's got to be a better way.  Those rainbows sound amazing - and also seems like they're not that common in Finland.  Nature is full of surprises. Will be interested to hear your response to Chloe's link

ChloeB:  Aaack! More techie problems - I do so sympathise.  What are your options I wonder? 

Off to start the day; think I'm going with landscaper to choose olive (fruitless) trees for front garden this morning..... then OH is out for the afternoon and I'm going to clean out the linen cupboard!  Take care all.

• JOAN  Glad to hear the news of Harry. We have never had a Budgie but believe they can be real characters. Would love a Parrot but OH will not agree to that.

• MARGO  sorry to hear that Rhys has been poorly, do hope he is able to enjoy his first christmas.   also nice to hear that Billy is just a little happier with you around.