Weekly Chat, Sunday December 12, 2010

Will catch up later, but see the last page of yesterday's chat for updates from folks - including the last one from Diane!

• Rght, have just caught up with all your news.

Lindybird - love the bluetit pics

OG - like the one of your bluetit even though he has his back to us.

Thanks for all your interesting news and will find it difficult to remember what all of you wrote so forgive if I forget to name individuals.

DJoan - hope your budgie recovers and that the vet can do something for it.  We took over my mums budgie for a couple of years but unfortunately it kept getting what looked like a large blood blister near its neck and I would bathe it when it started bleeding but it happened once too often and unfortunately it passed away. I keep meaning to get another one as they are such good company but haven't got around to it yet. Maybe in the New Year.

Alan, thanks for your posts re sightings of different birds and webcams.

Thanks also for the news about the Tech Guys and the site going down at 6am tomorrow morning.

Heard there had been a really bad storm through the Mid-West and that at least 2ft of snow had been "dumpped" over the states - the storm was believed to be heading East to NY and the Eastern seaboard, do hope it will have lost some of its strength and that you won't get too much snow there.

Weather forecast here is for more snow from Wednesday onwards and pretty widespread. Do hope it isn't too much down here as we (as a Church Choir) have been asked to lead the carol singing at Brixworth Mini Farm - its for people with learning difficulties - about 100 to 150 friends and family of the adults attending are expected and it is being held in a marquee so boots and woolies at the ready but should be a great evening. I believe jacket pots, soup, and even mulled wine maybe served.

• Avid follower of Strictly and thought that the best three went forward to the final next week.

Matt, Pamela, and Tara or Kara, can never remember her name properly.   It should be a well fought final.

• My last post before the big changover. It took me 28 seconds to get in after two failed attempts.

I wonder what it will be like tomorrow night? I guess only time will tell.

See you all on the new servers.

• I was unable to get in earlier but thought I would have one last go before bed. Success!

Hope all goes well with the Big Move later! Fingers Crossed and Thumbs Up!

• Evening all: 

Diane Indiana weather was all over CNN.com today. Hope you aren't housebound for long. I'm sure your wild friends will appreciate the shelter.  We have a similar radio - got it in case of earthquakes! Ours doesn't charge cell phones, however. Nice to hear you still have the energy to sort out your satellite company. Warm hugs from all of us to you, dearie! And your post wasn't long at all.

OG: Will be fascinated to hear how your LG telly works. Ours is still behaving, no follow-up phone call from Panasonic as of this evening.  Indeed - if it's whale season, can the ospreys be far behind?

Lindybird: I am less and less "inspired" by technology that's built for planned obsolescence (is that how you spell it?)   Love your sweet little Monday smile - my sister referred to "Friday afternoon" cars yesterday - my OH used to work for auto fleets and she says whenever they had a car that had recurring problems, he'd refer to it as a "Friday afternooner."   I'm sure you'll find no end of goodies for that new family member!

dibnlib: That luck of the draw? I'll buy that.  Re those "rainbows" that you and Auntie saw - are they what we call "sun dogs"?  Rainbow-colored lights equidistant  from the sun on either side?? 

BrendaH: Thanks for the optimistic update from Tom.  I've found some smelly cheeses don't taste a strong as they smell.

Margobird:  Hope OH is over the cheese adventure.  So good that Billy Whizz is beginning to feel safe around you.I think I must've missed your card that caused Alan's "manly" tears and will now go back to see what's what. AHA!  I did miss it!  What a lovely card - very soothing. THANK YOU!

Auntie: Two vertical rainbows? Not arc shaped?  Wonder what that was all about.

Alan: Dark Blue Studio 17, eh? Sounds very sexy. I ended up with Mars Black.  Thought a backlit keyboard might be nice but then decided I really didn't need it.  Please tell Hamish to take his medicine; we want him to be able to drag his blanket into the garden come Spring.

Djoan: Oh no - we've had budgies in our family - my daughter has had male/female and eggs and offspring.  They are so perky . Do let us know how the visit to the vet goes.

Valc: Hey there - haven't seen you in a while. Enjoy your early visitors.

Lynette:  Oh dear - losing a tooth? Can't he put a crown on it? Don't forget to take the gold home!  :-)  Hope the weather holds for your choir event.

It's almost time for the RSPB site update. Let's hope this doesn't get lost!

See you all tomorrow - I hope. :-)

• I was busy yesterday springcleaning kitchen. Then I threatened to tape it off "out-of-bounds" until Christmas. LOL. Girlfriend over today for long pre-Xmas chat & lunch. The big yellow thing came back with a vengeance (were expecting max 35 C), 32 C by 4 pm, cool change due by tomorrow so down to mid 20’s again. Must post this before plug is pulled as I think it is nearly 6 am in ospreyland. Hello to everyone, enjoyed your chat & pics.

• Oh surprise. I can log on and post!

• I just forgot I shouldn't be able to be on here so Good Morning ALL and I hope this posts. so won't write anything. I see you made it too Tiger.

• Unknown said:

I just forgot I shouldn't be able to be on here so Good Morning ALL and I hope this posts. so won't write anything. I see you made it too Tiger.

Brenda H  Do you know is the system has been down?

• Hi Tiger, I switched on early this morning and found an apology saying that the system was being upgraded.