Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 6 March 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK! 

I hope everyone has a healthy, safe, serene week! 

Outdoor Indiana, the photographic publication produced by the state of Indiana, said that the American White Pelicans are now in the southern part of the state! They're migrating north to their breeding grounds in Canada, and they should appear on the lakes in my area very soon! They're one of the largest birds in N. America with a wingspan of 9 feet. I'm always very excited to see them, because they're beautiful and their presence here means that SPRING IS COMING!!! This winter has been a particularly hard one for me. I've really felt the cold, so I'm ecstatic that warm temps are around the corner. WOO HOO!!!

• Not much happening here but have done some shopping for the Danes visit. Only stuff that can be frozen. Eldest daughter is on holiday this week, so she took me to Asda. If I get covid, the food is in the freezer and won't go to waste. By next Tuesday, when I make my weekly visit to M and S, I'll know whats what. If OK, then I shall buy the perishables..
    LYNETTE - great that you can book a holiday and so good to read that you can now get the scooter and bed that will make life easier.
    ANNETTE/LINDY - I always have pen and paper beside the bed !I
    OG - I seem to remember that J has experience with special needs pupils - but a five year old ?????
    AQ - lots of pupils and staff absent here, also.
    Because of granddaughter with covid, her parents have to miss the wedding of son in laws oldest friend, this weekend. As he says ' I have travelled half way across the world, four airports each way, worked on an oil rig with guys from all over the world - tested negative continually for seven weeks and look what has happened !'
    O
  • Heather: Oh that's a bummer for SiL,  When are the Danes arriving?

OG:  Have to agree a violent 5-year-old sounds altogether too challenging for J.  Geez  I'm assuming the poor kid is on meds....  

Garage door has gone on the blink; thankfully both cars were outside.  Fix-it guy arriving in about an hour...

• Lucky the cars were outside, then, Annette. Hope the man turns up.

It looks more spring like out in the garden now, with some trees beginning to sprout, and daffodils taking over from the snowdrops. I saw a wren pottering around so we're very pleased as we weren't sure if we still had one. We used to see one quite regularly but hadn't moticed one for most of last year.
  • Lucky the cars were outside, then, Annette. Hope the man turns up.

It looks more spring like out in the garden now, with some trees beginning to sprout, and daffodils taking over from the snowdrops. I saw a wren pottering around so we're very pleased as we weren't sure if we still had one. We used to see one quite regularly but hadn't moticed one for most of last year.
  • Lindybird: Guy showed up on time for garage door and immediately pronounced the motor dead/frozen, blah,blah,blah.  Well, it is 30 years old.  Still, we're getting a second opinion.  Meanwhile, we've figured out how to raise/lower it manually.  A very small blip considering what other people are going through...  Hope Spring continues its advance with no frost to  upset new growth..

• Plant and your spouse plants with you; weed and you weed alone. (Jean Jacques Rousseau)

I probably wouldn’t kill so many houseplants if they could scream for food and water the way my pets and children do.

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. (Chinese proverb)

• Ha ha to the quotes today, AQ!!

We need a laugh at present......

Annette, good idea to get a 2nd opinion on the door. Life goes on for most of us in spite of events on world stage - there was a fierce row on our local FB page as people have been complaining bitterly about the state of our local roads. We have many really bad potholes as the local authority ran out of money to fix them. One man said be glad that's all you have to worry about, but others pointed out that if they damage their cars, they don't always have the money to fix things & remain mobile to get to work etc. The council are resisting claims of damage so its up to us not to fall into the holes, which are shockingly bad in places.
  • Missed yesterday as I allowed my PC to upgrade to Windows Eleven and was then afraid of it! I gave it the whole day to perform some tweaks, restarts and updates and all is well today. Not much different than previous - I think a lot of eleven had crept in with updates to ten!

J has booked a consultation for his painful joints - having a really bad week, mostly with his knees.

Hairdresser due this afternoon.
  • OG - do you fear that J has got the same arthritic problems as you have? Sadly, it rather sounds like it. Have your daughters got similar issues?
    I continue to test -ve for Covid which is good.
    ANNETTE - The Danes arrive next Thursday.