Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 27 February 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MOON!

The moon turns new on 2 March. I can't wait for SPRING!

The coyotes are yipping and howling every night now. It's their mating season.

Best wishes to everyone!

• Good Morning. Awoke to pouring rain again, and forecast is for rain all day. Cleaning of kitchen & bathroom beckons.

Annette, glad you're having lots of family time. Shame you can't stay longer, but suppose you don't like to leave your OH for too long.

AQ - Thanks for dieting tips. I'm desperately cutting out goodies in an attempt to fit into my summer trousers. Will bear the donut advice in mind ...... Tatton Park is also a handsome country house, and famously intact right down to the fully kitted out kitchens. At Christmas they decorate it inside in the Victorian manner, and you can pay to visit and admire. The grounds have some formal gardens, a working farm, a children's farm, and roaming red deer.

Off to wash my hair now before attacking the bathroom grime....

• Sorry about the chair, OG. It must have given you a fright.
  • I have got lots done, cleaning, and my OH assisted by cleaning the kitchen window and frame. It's rained pretty much all day, on and off, with not much "off". Goodness knows what thats like if you live in a flood area.

Some parcels arrived with clothes I bought for the cruise, and to wear this summer. I will have to pay for them later, but what the heck! I can almost hear my late friend G saying "You only live once"...

I miss her every day - last night I had a vivid dream which featured us both having a conversation. It's prompted a poem in my head which I might write down later.

• I get those vivid dreams, also LINDY. Sometimes good, but often leave me feeling sad..
    The ceiling is finished - but maybe not. Whoever built the extension used woodchip paper, then after that, tried to cover it with a skim of plaster. After that, someone papered over that. It's been a big job, since the woodchip paper did not want to part company with the plasterboard. Nothing to do with us, it was all done before my OH bought the house in 1982. I've been instructed to let it dry and phone Alfie in a week's time !
  • Hope its OK, then Heather. Not uncommon for things to get papered over. Fingers crossed!
  • Phoned Adjustamatic this morning and have a visit booked for tomorrow morning - I think they are desperate for getting a sale! Aching badly today with using OH's chair.

J had a form to fill in today with his preferred schools, so don't know how the primary got hold of him with their request last week! He has only ticked various secondary schools. He's getting bored now - wants to be getting on with work!
  • My Friend

Ah, my friend, how you're missed.
    Last night, in dreams, I walked a damp and ferny wood
    With slippery paths under my unsure feet.
    Through the greenness, I came upon your bent and creaky oak beamed cottage in the trees.

We talked - I told of my troubles and you carefully took my hand.
    Your usual bossiness came through, as you advised
    Kindly but with force and sureness,
    The route I should follow.
    I knew that so often you were right
    But gave some hesitation.
    You insisted - and now I know with certain clarity
    That all your concern and strong words of counsel
    Came through love.
  • Just a thought

Intelligence is knowing the difference between temptation and opportunity.

• Good Morning. Couldn't get on here again- 1st of the month syndrome.

Bright sunshine today, here. OH has gone off to golf, leaving me here to the joys of ironing, & more cleaning! Also getting the suitcase out, as off to Wales for the1st time this year, on Thursday. :-)
  • Morning all:  Lot of zooming about here, although yesterday I was on my phone with Apple Tech Support trying to get daughter's older iPhone up and running.  It was auto-disabled after daughter first went to hospital and granddaughter was trying various passwords so Ms.D would have access to a phone.  Anyway, after 2.5 hours of it being connected to iTunes for all the automatic techy stuff we got it to say "Hello" in multiple languages, but hit a wall when the PW on daughter's Apple account and her newer phone wasn't accepted by the older phone.   More investigations today.

Speaking of techy stuff, couldn't get on here last night.

Lindybird:  Lovely thoughts of your friend.  Good to read that you're off to Wales: It makes it sound like Spring is on the way over there.

AQ;   Was looking at all the flooding in Queensland - just awful for those people.

OG:  Maybe J's name popped up for the other schools from previous applications?  Hope he gets something soon; also that you'll be able to replace (repair?) that chair soon.

Have been looking at the headlines and hoping that the severe financial sanctions imposed on Russia will cause enough problems for Putin and his corrupt cronies to stop and think - if only about their own skins..  :-(   Or maybe ordinary Russians will start to complain.  You have to wonder if there aren't some in his group who think he's gone completely mad.....   I'm glad we've been so preoccupied here that the TV has rarely been on.

Meanwhile, sorry if I haven't responded to many posts, but have been reading!