Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 20 February 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope you all have survived Storm Eunice with yourselves and your property intact.

Have a wonderful, joyful week!

• Good to hear that Annette arrived safely. Now settle in but as has been said, don't do too much!!

The sun has come out here and the day might only be slightly showery.... Now I can see dust all over the house which wasn't so obvious before!

AQ - Hope the latest warm weather is not too odious. Have a mental vision of the juggling!! :-))
  • I hope that Harelady is feeling better today.

The snowdrops I put in a pot are of the larger kind, and are looking good now fully open. Have a single daffodil bending it's head in the front garden, so not long till we have some colour.

• Pouring rain here. Plumber has just been, I need a replacement radiator/ towel rail in upstairs bathroom. All ordered, hope it is installed before the Danes arrive - the current one is a disgrace !
  • Well done on getting your radiator ordered in plenty of time, Heather. Hope the plumber isn't too busy when it arrives!

Just seen this, and thought everyone might like it:

"Ah hush! Tread softly through the time,
    For there will be a blackbird singing, or a thrush....
    All the trees dream of leaves and flowers and light,
    And see! The northern bank is much more white
    Than frosty grass, for now is snowdrop time."

From Snowdrop Time by Mary Webb (English poet and novelist, 1881-1927)

I love it, and am also pleased to see that before my time, others used the exclamation mark, too!!

• Back to wet and windy today, but still minor compared with many places. Window cleaner came before the rain started. OH seems to be managing to cover the cleaning which J will no longer attempt when working – no dust bunnies behind the corridor radiator now! He will shop at M&S Food after lunch. In view of approaching changes to covid restrictions, mostly 21st March in Scotland, I have tentatively pencilled in a visit to the Devil’s Porridge Museum next week – first outing since March 2020.

HARELADY – sorry about the fall and that it changed your plans. Do take care.

ANNETTE – good to see you arrived safely – do think of yourself as well as fitting in the help for others.

LINDA – I noticed Celandines are up and blooming in my spring woodland corner – part of what the gardeners buried.

HEATHER – hope your new towel rail arrives before the Danes, and that they will appreciate it!

Wow, nearly lunchtime – where did the morning go? Oh yes – just remember I got up rather late!
  • Thanks to all for you good wishes - my shoulder and back is a bit better today but still taking painkillers at night.

I'm sure I will be able to drive to London on Saturday but please - no more storms

• Harelady, the weather for down south is pretty good for the next few days. Hope your journey goes well, and that the pain has gone by then.
  • It is easier to make war than make peace. (Georges Clemenceau)

When the rich make war, it's the poor that die. (Jean-Pau Sartre)

Wars begin when you will, but they do not end when you please. (Niccolo Machiavelli)

• Glad you're improving, Harelady, and feeling up to making your journey.

Good Morning, and hope that Storm Gladys doesn't affect anyone when it arrives soon.

I must clean out some kitchen cupboards, and also attack the oven, which has been neglected. Not my idea of fun, but satisfying when you view your handiwork afterwards!
  • Benson has just been howling fit to waken even the deepest sleeper. OH has been clearing the snow off the car ready to go to his follow up ENT appt and Benson want to go too!!! I can't even walk him while OH is out as we are expecting a delivery from postie this morning and have to sign for it. We think this area is among the first to swap over to the new BT service and await the new handset. We mainly use our mobiles of course so it won't make much difference to us.

Dreadful but not unexpected news from the Ukraine. What next from Putin?