Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 20 February 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope you all have survived Storm Eunice with yourselves and your property intact.

Have a wonderful, joyful week!

• HAPPY TWOSDAY!
    I don't believe in numerology at all, but folks who do say that this Tuesday is an auspicious, once-in-a-lifetime day. At 2:22 a.m. or p.m., it wouldn't hurt to make a wish for peace, love, and better days ahead. Heck, a little positive energy could go a long way in this world. 
  • Diane: Yay for February 22. :-) I'll take any good omens you've got.

I've been busy - off to Arizona at the crack of dawn. I was planning to go Wednesday, but snow is forecast that day and there's a stretch of road I don't need to be on in bad weather. Am taking gardening tools in the off chance I might have a minute to prune something....

Meanwhile, has Boris completely lost the plot saying that folks who test positive don't have to isolate?  And whatever happened to the investigations into those parties?

Apart from that, I've been avoiding the news..

• Good Morning, and Happy Twosday to All!!

A pretty pink sky here again- at last it's stopped raining (for now). My OH is waiting to see if his golf is cancelled, due to the wetness of the course. Only showers predicted for today.

Annette, safe journey after your sudden forced decision to leave already. I'm sure your family will be pleased to see you.

We are awaiting the police investigation results after Boris had to fill in some forms about his version of Partygate events.  . ..

All our relatives and friends are dismayed that there will be less restrictions, especially on those who test positive. It doesn't feel safe to me. Many are still wearing masks, whether asked to or not.

• Our first daffodils! They're only a couple of inches high! as they're miniatures.

• Good morning, all. The sun is trying to shine ... and there is a very gentle breeze. What a change from the last few days. Lots of tree damage all around. The water was out in the town and only a few roads from where I live - but we were fortunate and had no water or electricity problems. Sadly, the water problem caused a flood at church - when the stewards went in for the early service on Sunday there was water pouring from the lift shaft and down the stairs. A blocked loo on the first floor had overflowed when the water came on suddenly in the middle of the night. Mopping up operations now firmly in force.

Bonkers Boris strikes again! How can he say people can be out in the community when they have Covid? What about the people they work with? Meet in shops? On public transport? All those vulnerable people who are trying to ease back to a more natural way of life? Completely against all scientific and medical advice. Just trying to save his own skin - and his job - by telling people they don't need to isolate any more. I fear the police investigation will quietly disappear ... I really want to be wrong. I am not normally a political animal but I can't abide lying and arrogance. Apologies for the rant - but I just can't accept this sort of behaviour from those who are supposed to be holding the reins of power. I didn't vote in the last General Election because I really couldn't bring myself to support any of them.

Having got that off my chest ... I like the thought of 22.2.22. I thought my sister's birthday on 2.2.22 was pretty good, but today is even better! It's the day when we should all be writing 'real' letters with the date on - although I haven't written a real letter for a very long time.
  • I had my dental check this morn. Despite telling me I am looking after my teeth well, he presented me with a list of necessary work over next 2 years which will cost more than one of my interstate bus trips (which of course are not happening). I guess my teeth are some more of me that are wearing out. <sigh>.

BJ says people have to live with covid and I mutter that some of us are no longer living with covid. Don’t worry about them, the dead don’t vote. . .  We have a State (SA) election next month and a Federal one in May. Voting is compulsory DownUnder - we are applying for postal votes to avoid queues & crowds.

I haven’t heard from Dau, so I hope no news is good news.

• I’d like to help you out. . . which way did you come in?

I visited my friend at his new house. He told me to make myself at home. So I threw him out. I hate having visitors.

I sympathise with batteries – I’m not included in anything either. (bumper sticker)

• 22:2:22 and younger granddaugher is 22 today!

Warm and sunny yesterday - similar to day but less wind.

J has a work-shadow day this Thursday. Hope he will soon get called for real working soon - even though it will be casual, some planning will be more possible.

Awaiting gasman today for annual service.
  • OG Hope your weather has not been as bad as forecast. We haven't had it too bad up here.
  • Well, we had a very wet morning but at lunchtime it cleared up. The sun is trying to come out now, and you can almost feel all the plants reaching up their faces and saying "It's nearly spring!"

OH had to give up on golf, so we went together to another town for the excitement of a different supermarket, and cheap petrol!! Bought some dog shampoo as we seem to be using a lot of it lately.....On the way home, we drove down some lanes we've not seen for a long time: several trees were laying at the side of the road which must have been victim to the winds. We stopped at a nice country pub (full of huntsman prints and a stuffed pheasant on the fireplace!) and sat by a roaring log fire having a coffee and studying their menu for future reference. Looks good, so will be going back. :-) Home again to home made pea & ham soup.

AQ - commiserations on the expense of your teeth. I do feel as if I'm wearing out, a bit at a time.