Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 13 February 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON!

The Full Moon is Wednesday, 16 February. 

Here's what happened to me on Thursday evening. I thought you all might enjoy the story.

My toaster oven is on my enclosed porch (the electricity is newer and stronger there). After dark in the evening, I walked out on the porch to make a grilled cheese sandwich ("cheese toastie") for my supper. Right after I turned on the light, I heard a long, slow howl outside the front door. It was a coyote! It only howled once, and then I heard it move through the snow. It must have been warning its mate and any young that are still with them. Coyotes mate in February here, so they're active right now. They pair for life. The howl was powerful! 

Everyone have a safe and serene week!

• Diane:  Maybe the coyote was hoping for a taste of your grilled cheese sandwich.:  :-)    Thank you for starting us off - yet again.

AQ:  That "The last time I cooked...." saying was made for me.

• Thanks for starting us off Diane. I have an image in my head of your house and surrounding area - it sounds wonderful with all the critters you have on your land and in the air.

If its not too personal - could you post a few photos of your land?

Ive been busy with work as usual but still log on each morning to read all the news and happenings of you all.

Ive been really tired for a few weeks and have been having really early nights but not much deep sleep (my fitbit tells me how much) . Also very horrid dreams so am not rested.

Ive been without a TV for the last week as my screen went dark. Luckily it came with a 7 year guarantee so its gone off for repair. As I am a loyal devotee of Radio 4 I've not missed it much and have had more time to read. Ive just finished Stephen King's book called Billy Summers - I had not read him for years and thoroughly enjoyed this one. Not a horror Story.

Anyway need to jump in the shower before Church and then pick up a book for Grandaughter Lily who will be 2 next week. Ive bought her some clothes and a new duvet set with dinosaurs on as well and willl be driving to SE London on Sunday to see them all.

To all with ailments/problems, I wishyou all well and have a good Sunday and coming week.

• DIANE – How wonderful to have a coyote so close. Sometimes I envy you living amongst the wildlife. But I do like being close to essentials such as libraries, and of course at my age, medical stuff.

HARELADY – Safe trip to see family.

• Just a thought

We need old friends to help us grow old and new friends to help us stay young.

• Good Morning. A dreadful day outside, today -- wind and rain pounding. We would not usually go out in it but are off to visit Sue, thankfully by car!

Many thanks to Diane for starting us off again. I bet that coyotes howl would make the hairs on my neck stand up!!!!

Harelady - Nice to hear from you. Its hard to realise that Lily is not a baby any more! Enjoy yourself

(Edit: Hope you can get your TV fixed)

• My goodness DIANE - I just watched/ listened to coyotes howling via YOUTUBE. It was terrifying !
  • Lindy - We now have the rain you had earlier, and it's horrible out there! Fortunately I got home before it started, but it was freezing cold. Very pleased not to have to go out again until the morning and very much hope the rain will have stopped and it will be a bit warmer by then ... Hope you had a nice time with Sue and Toffee.
  • Morning all:  Re coyotes, we've heard them around here and  yes, their howls are chilling. We were staying with friends in the foothills before we bought this house and one night a pack of them came down from the hills - really made my hair stand on end.  

Harelady:  Dinosaurs are all the rage with kids. I think it was Winnie the Pooh when I was growing up.  An interesting switch.  Not that we (or I at least) had Winnie the Pooh bed linen back then!  Thanks for referral to the King book.  It's nice to know it's not a horror story and has got some very good reviews.

Went to the gym late yesterday afternoon and arrived just as they closed!  Arghh.  I don't typically go Saturdays so should have checked.  They are still closed on Sundays due to Covid/staff shortages, etc.  Back to normal tomorrow...

Take care call.

• Amber began with a dinosaur craze, then it was puppies, then it was princesses, now, its unicorns.....

Toffee was very pleased to see me - I don't give him treats but I do rub him behind the ears and he remembers, as dogs do. I'm quite upset today as when we talked with Sue, it transpires that she wants to pull out of going on the cruise with us. I feel now that I should not have persuaded her to come with us, as she might lose her deposit now if she cancels. Also, I was looking forward to her company, of course. She says its because she worries about the virus - she was once on a river cruise with friends when there was sickness on board, and they lost 3 days of the trip by having to isolate in their cabins.
  • Lindybird:  Ugh   What a shame about Sue.  Surely everyone has to be double-vaccinated at least.  My Tai Chi teacher's recent cruise to Hawaii was kept at 50% capacity with everyone wearing masks in public places (off for dining though).  They had to test 3 days before the cruise, the day of, and then again at some point.   Is your cruise running at 100%? Which line is it?  I know one of the Caribbean cruises recently had outbreaks....    Ms. D is still with dinosaurs and dogs; I think we missed princesses and unicorns.....  too many cranky realists in the family!  :-))