Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 13 February 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON!

The Full Moon is Wednesday, 16 February. 

Here's what happened to me on Thursday evening. I thought you all might enjoy the story.

My toaster oven is on my enclosed porch (the electricity is newer and stronger there). After dark in the evening, I walked out on the porch to make a grilled cheese sandwich ("cheese toastie") for my supper. Right after I turned on the light, I heard a long, slow howl outside the front door. It was a coyote! It only howled once, and then I heard it move through the snow. It must have been warning its mate and any young that are still with them. Coyotes mate in February here, so they're active right now. They pair for life. The howl was powerful! 

Everyone have a safe and serene week!

• Best wishes to my U.K. friends. I hope you all stay safe, warm, and secure during Storm Eunice. I'm thinking of you all.

Annette: I'm so very happy that your daughter is home and improving! I know it's been a rough journey. 

All: I'll be back tomorrow or the weekend with more replies. I submitted my completed freelance project on the 7th and invoiced it. I've wanted to sleep ever since. I guess I was exhausted.

Take care, everyone.

• YEAY, DIANE!!! 

A morning outing to library to collect 2 books waiting for me on the “Hold” shelf, followed by a brief photo excursion. One building will need another visit in April or May when the leafy greens have fallen from surrounding plane trees. I suspect 2 large old homes have been demolished or swallowed by aged care units; more research needed. Weeding – again – and when I look out kitchen window I can hardly see any difference <sigh>.

• A bright person can always think of something better to do than housework. (Ruby Lou Barnhill)

If it’s hard to dust, it’s probably an antique.

I’m eighteen years behind in my ironing. There’s no use doing it now, it doesn’t fit anybody I know. (Phyllis Diller)

• Good Morning. Many dire weather warnings on the TV as we awake. There will probably be trees down and some roofs missing by tomorrow. I hope all our friends stay safe.

At the moment, it's normal here although wet: my OH has taken Bonnie out for what might be the only time today, before it gets too bad.

Diane-- Congratulations! So pleased for you & your hard work. Good that you are resting after your efforts. Be kind to yourself

AQ - Love the quotes today. The 1st one explains the state of my house.....
  • Our camellia has been holding back in the colder nights, but is now trying to come out.

• The wind is definitely getting up here, and we have had several squally showers already. Our 'yellow' warning from earlier in the week turned to 'amber' on Wednesday and is now on 'red'. That's scary. I have moved my bird feeder away from all windows! A friend and I have cancelled our walk for this afternoon and she will come to lunch with me - she has to go out to work anyway, so I'm not sorry that I won't have to go out. Another hour or so before the really damaging wind is due. Stay safe, everyone.

Diane - So pleased your project is now done and invoiced. Does that mean you will be shopping for a new vehicle soon? Very exciting.
  • Not as glamorous as a rose, perhaps, but beautiful nonetheless.

• Snowing up here but nothing to make headlines !
    The Danes are not arriving until March 17 th - I expect that I have the impression that their arrival was imminent - I have so few visitors that I start to panic about everything being shipshape. The majority of my time is spent in kitchen, bedroom and small family room which I call the back room as it is off the kitchen). The dining room and sitting room aka living room ( sorry, can't call it the lounge as my OH informed me that only ships and pubs have ' lounges' !) are hardly used these days so there will indeed be dust bunnies.
    Yes, ANNETTE - our Danish man can be difficult. I'm very fond of him but he had a strange upbringing which I can't go into. I'm so glad to hear that your daughter is home !
    I'll get back here later. Between the phone and the tumble dryer beeping I'm all.of a tizzy..
  • No real weather here - just handfuls of hail against the window between minutes of bright sunshine. J went into town by car, but is safe home. OH will go to Tesco this afternoon unless things change.

DIANE - thanks for letting us know you have completed the project.. Now concentrate on your health and other urgent matters.

AQ - sorry it is still weed-growing weather!

LINDA - great to see the camellia.

HEATHER - stay safe if snow increases today. Sorry you are already so tense about the Dane's visit in March - do try to relax.
  • Heather, you gave no indication of the timing of their visit, but I gathered that the Danes were coming in the next few weeks and you were already planning for their arrival. Regarding your male guest - Everyone is different in their perceptions of things - I've been reading lots of reviews of holidays and cruise ships lately and what for one is sometimes a major issue, is for another person just a minor blip.

Its raining hard here now after quite a bright couple of hours first thing, and then some sudden showers. We are expecting to have to hunker down and not go out, even to take the dog out, until tomorrow. However, my OH does have an appointment at the dentist for lunchtime, to have a tooth out, but its only across the town to there so not far.