Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 16 January 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON!

The first full moon of 2022 turns full on Monday, 17 January. 

I hope you all have a joyful week. Stay safe, everyone. 

EDIT: Everyone check back to last week's thread to see Clare's beautiful photographs and also Lindy's lovely sunrise pics. 

• The town of Kimba on Eyre Peninsula has two new swimming pools - the bowls club and the car park. This morn160 mm of rain. Still raining here, so far 15 mm today.
  • LINDY Love your wee story.

I have seen a kingfisher only 4 times. We do know an area he frequents at the canal but he is not called "the elusive Merkinch kingfisher for nothing. We rarely see him and always a thrill when we do.
  • Good Morning. Dry here and not too cold - 6 degrees.

AQ - Love your quotes for today! Glad the rain has squashed the temps for a while.
  • Saw doc yesterday - confirmed my chest is clear of infection , no definitive diagnosis for coughing stuff up, probably just lack of exercise.Also asked him if I really should be still taking anti-cancer hormone six years on - he will check with oncologist. Later in the day I twisted my ankle while getting out of shower - very painful but a bit less this morning. Nothing much happening here this weekend - caught up with some Chr replies yesterday - maybe more this afternoon, but now going to prep February birthday cards before late brunch - all overslept

AQ - sorry so hot! DIBNLIB - envy Kingfisher. LINDA - laughed at Elvis story! DIANE - get well hugs.
  • AQ: Oh I love the "takes longer to rest than get tired" saying. Too true!
  • “Tomorrow, I will continue to be. But you will have to be very attentive to see me. I will be a flower, or a leaf. I will be in these forms and I will say hello to you. If you are attentive enough, you will recognise me, and you may greet me. I will be very happy.” #thichnhathanh

Thich Nhat Hanh, an influential Vietnamese Buddhist monk, has died at the age of 95. another sad passing.....

and then, a smile, to lighten the day.

www.bbc.co.uk/.../uk-england-cambridgeshire-60084347

• Just lost a big post.... grr.

SunnyKate, both very good. :-)

My OH has been busily sweeping our paths of the last of the leaves. We can see lots of spears of the first daffodils, coming through and promising us some colour once winter creeps away.

I noticed that our forsythia is coming out already, it must have liked the warmer temps we've been having. Tomorrow I'll go and see if I can cut some for inside the house - I love the smell.
  • SunnyKate:  Oh that's just hysterical about the robot! I really did laugh out loud at the 'nature abhors a vacuum' comment. What a fun assignment for the writer.   :-)    My mother (not a Buddhist monk) would always stop to pick up pennies (cents here) off the ground.  Now I and my daughter laugh that we both do the same thing, thinking that they're my Mom's way of saying a quick "Hallo there" from on high :-)

OG:  Good that there's no lung infection; but not good that you hurt your ankle. That'll teach you to take a shower!  :-)

AQ:  Hope the rain doesn't make things too sticky...