WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey). SUNDAY NOVEMBER 28 2021

Wishing everyone a good week.   As for myself, I'm suffering from an overdose of The Disney Channel.......

• OG - Enjoy your St Andrews Day treat of the haggis. We'll stick to meatloaf tonight, but may raise a glass to you all North of the Border!
  • A "Wee Timorous Beastie" is waiting in the wings
    He's not quite sure if we'll all endure
    Eating what his tasty flavour brings!

He used to be more popular
    But has fallen out of favour
    As far flung places have brought to our shores
    Plenty of chilli to savour!!

So he hopes that on St Andrews Day
    All those North of the Border
    Will be just brave as their ancestors were
    When putting in an order.
  • Clare: Enjoying and being fascinated by Gulls and Crows is not odd or "different." After all, we're all on here because we are obsessed with Ospreys for starters, and goodness knows what else besides.
    My obsessions are so many and varied that I'm beginning to think I'm obsessed with er, being obsessed.
  • Lindybird: Is it your birthday??? Or your DiL's? Always good to see "our" genes show up. :-)
  • It's our eldest grandsons birthday tomorrow, Annette - Tomasz, who is little Rosies big brother, will unbelievably, be 11. So I expect they have been getting ready for the big event. This means, of course, that Tomasz will be going to high school in September.
  • Slow first of the month !
    Wet and windy weather here this morning - DIBNLIB will have to wrap up if Benson is brave enough to want a walk !
  • Morning all! Just a quick pop in before I have to get ready for work. Same weather here in Suffolk Heather - I have woken throught the night listening to the wind.

Sorry to hear aboout your Daughter Annette, but it seems there has been some improvement so long may that continue. To all others with ailments - I hope improvements come your way as well.

I have had another busy few weeks with more to come. I went to Essex to my Sisters on Saturday and we met up with my Brother and wife and neice who we had not seen for over 2 years. They live in Pateley Bridge, a village in North Yorkshire.Looking at the photos we took we are all looking old now - My Brother is 80 now and Sister 77 so it is to be expected.

This weekend I have my Son and Grandchildren coming as his partner is going to a girls reuniun with some of her College friends. Then off to Surrey the following weekend!

I also still have presents to buy as well as working full time so I am so looking forward to a few days off over Christmas.

Enjoy the rest of the week and keep the posts coming - I do read them all.

• Darn, I forgot it was first of month slow day in this site. I’ve been trying for 3 hours. . .

Slow progress on Next-Door’s fence. Monday – Removal of 2 roses and 1 of 2 agapanthus. Tuesday – postholes dug and half of remaining aggie removed. It seems NDs wish to keep aggie on the strip of “garden” between their concrete drive and the future fence. Said strip is about 6 ins wide, tapering to nothing at street. Today – posts erected. Oh dear, the fence is high (1.60 metres) and blocks my view up the street. Also it is a dark colour, just the thing for absorbing heat. <sigh> I suggested getting the Little People to paint a mural on our side. A nice cool trompe l’oeil scene, perhaps?

OH had his 2nd covid jab this morn. I popped into adjacent shop to stock up on b-day cards for next few months, came out after about 10 mins to find OH standing beside car. Chemist didn’t ask him to wait 15 mins for any immediate adverse reaction! So I brought him home. After first jab OH had a severe reaction about 15 hours later and he is worried about a repeat. I doubt I shall sleep well tonight.

• Just a thought

Experience is what you get when you didn’t get what you wanted.

• AQ - no, I agree, you'll be anxious. Thinking about you....